commercial sink "flange" question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradnerboy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I purchased an 8' stainless steel, commercial counter top which has a sink in the middle of it. On the underside of the sink, there's a "flange" and I'm trying to figure out what I need (a clamp, of sorts?) to connect a simple drain pipe to it?

This is merely a work surface for me to clean fish and it's out in my storage/tool shed/smoke house, so it doesn't have to meet any code. My plan is to simply attach a drain pipe to it and run it out through a hole in the side of the building.

Any insight or advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

BB

IMG-20120902-00977.jpg

If this is just a shop sink without any inspections, and depending on the diameter of the opening, it looks like your best bet is to silicone a standard 1 1/2" basket strainer to the under side and fasten the flanges together with some short self tapping screws. If it was my shop, that's probably what I'd do! It definitely won't leak and that'll also give you some 1 1/2" slip nut threats for installing your drain.

Thanks for the suggestion, Daniel. The inside diameter is 6" and the outside diameter is 7.25", so I'm not sure that would work, but I think you're on the right track. I'm going to find a bushing or coupling or some such, then silicone it on.

Maybe you can cut the lip down and use a banded or fernco coupling to transition? Use a plastic bushing on the outlet side of the banded coupling or fernco to transition into the size of plastic drain piping you want to use? Not using silicone would be best...

image-3406584591.jpg

image-72721542.jpg

image-1869187808.jpg

I'll see if I can find something big enough at my plumbing supply store or Home Depot.

Latest posts

Back