5" toilet flange?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdrilling33

Reaction score
While working on my weekend project, i removed the old flange (glued in) and found that the pipe I was in measures 5" (i.d.) . The fitting is a 90. Can't seem to find anything this is 5", any suggestions on what i can do?

Ya know. I've measured this thing like 3 or 4 times. Racking my brain on it. But when someone asked you to post a picture of this on the internet, knowing full well they may find a way to make you look like an idiot, you make sure you triple check everything before and after the picture. It's 4.5"... down in the actual 90 is 4". So how do I combat this? I thought I bought a 3-4 one at first and it was way small.

4.5" is for accepting 4" pipe.
and a 4" closet flange glues onto that 4" pipe protruding from the closet bend fitting.
If your Closet bend is already flush with the floor you will need a4" spigot closet flange which should be the same diameter as the 4.5" pipe.

OR you do is glue in a short piece of pipe, but before you do that find a 3" flange. They O.D. is pretty close the I.D of the 4" pipe.

I like the Sioux Chief with the stainless steel rings

sioux-chief-flanges-884-ptmpk-64_300.jpg

toilet-flange-abs-knockout-stainless-steel-dims.jpg

shopping.jpg

Latest posts

Back