Driveway Drain Clogged

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigcoaxum

Reaction score
I have two drains on both sides of my driveway that are clogged with mud. they have been clogged for years. one, which is a catch basin, is clogged but still drains. It drains very slow. The other is not a catch basin and is clogged and does not drain at all. I rented a drain sewer yesterday from HD and ran it through both drains. I ran 75 feet through the catch basin drain and its still draining slow. the clog is under the concrete. I found this out because I replaced the 4 inch perforated pipe in the ground that was previously clogged and rerouted it. it's still draining slow. This lets me know that the clog is under the concrete. After running the automatic sewer snake through it yesterday, it goes all the way in but does not unclog anything. Why?????? Any reason???? For the second drain, I ran the sewer snake through it and cleared about 8-10 feet of the clog but there's about 25-50 feet of drain pipe under ground. How can I get these unclogged and draining correctly??? Is the only solution is to have them rerouted by a professional?

look for a company that can jet the line with water. Drains like that are often filled with mud and a snake will clear clear it. The jetter will pull the mud out

look for a company that can jet the line with water. Drains like that are often filled with mud and a snake will clear clear it. The jetter will pull the mud out

Thanks. I will check into this

From your information I think the sides of the drains under the concrete might have got dried up along with other dust and waste. The drain pipe might have gone though a small opening just to make way for the pipe through which the water might be draining. One effective way is to use hydro jetting to clean your drains.

I have had cases like these in the past. I used a [prohibited attempt at advertising]. It is actually an overpowered pressure washer that is used to force out the drain with the help of the highly pressurized water. They spray 5000 PSI. They are available in various settings with multiple nozzles that can be swapped for the specific task in hand. Some of their advantages that I have found overtime is that they remove almost any clog. The intense force of the water from the hydro-jetter is enough to break apart almost any adamant blockages. Unlike the chemical cleaners they are safe for your pipe and will not damage the inside of your pipe. The hydro-jetter cleans out the whole drainage, blasting away the deposits along the wall. It helps prevents future problems to your drains.The high pressure scalding action of the water will make it more difficult for the debris to begin accumulating again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back