Need new shower valve with small trim plate.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt30

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
A regular customer of the company I work for needs a new shower control. Currently she has an older Simmons shower valve, but it needs replacing. The only catch is that the valve is in a bad spot, it was installed in a shelf on the surround where you would normally put shampoo.

She's doing her research to find a new valve, I put some calls out to wholesalers to help her, but it seems to be falling on deaf ears if you know what I mean.

She doesn't need anything fancy, just functional. The only catch is that the trim plate off the control cannot exceed 5 1/4" or else it won't fit. I usually push for Moen products, but it seems everything they offer is too big.

If someone has come across a kit of this size, I'd really appreciate if you could help me help point her in the right direction.

I have a feeling once one is sourced, its going to be more then she wants to pay. Why anyone would put the control where its at now is beyond me.

Try this.... and it is MOEN

New code requires a pressure or temp balance valve for showers.

The old style original Moen valves are neither. uses the 1225B core.

You can still get this valve but they changed the designation to a diverter.

This trim looks like it will fit that valve and it is less than 5"

CHECK it out.

trim for Moen diverter valve

>>> SPEC SHEET <<<

If it is a tub and shower look around for and old style T/S Moen valve.
Moentrol valves use the same core but the cover plate screw holes are at 2 o'clock and 7 O'clock. Unlike the old style Moen that are at 7 & 5 O'clock.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back