Replace plastic valve inside sink faucet handle

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrell

Reaction score
I have the attached faucet installation in my bathroom. The left (hot) handle turns the whole housing (not just the valve). There is a dripping leak on that side. I have removed the handle housing and there is a plastic valve that can be replaced, however I do not know how to get the old one out and locate a proper replacement part at store. Any help here?:eek:

faucet.jpg

That looks like a moen 8 inch wide spread faucet and is not the right fixture for that sink. The faucet should be a 4 inch center set. If it is a moen it takes a 1224 cartridge

I browsed all of Moen's faucets, but don't see it. The sink is definitely pre-drilled at 4" center set. I suspect it would be a less expensive brand. I'll try to pull up a list of available brands and see if I can locate it from those sites.
Thanks for the effort!
Ferrell

These two shots show the plastic valve that the handle/escutcheon slides down onto. One is before removal of retaining ring. Two is obviously AFTER removal.
I do not know how to get valve out of the housing. Pry? Twist, or unscrew? I don't want to be forced to completely replace faucets.
Sorry for lousy pix (cellphone).

Stem 1.jpg

Stem 2.jpg

Latest posts

Back