Moving Toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wodezuiai0000

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a project and try to move the toilet from one wall to the opposite side of the wall. Usually you just run the waste pipe underground to the other side, however, after pulling up the floor, we found an A/C duct in the way.

So my current plan is to run the waste pipes around the room and above the ground to the other side, which includes three 90 degree turns (see red line in picture picture), and buy a toilet that can hook the waste from behind than underground.

But is it that possible in reality, will that cause problems in the future?

Thanks all!

234.jpg

123.jpg

Last edited:
how a out a wall outlet/floor mounted toilet ???????

tank type flush h had an Eljer (while ago) crane makes them
I'm sure if you checked diffrent brands you would find one

Last edited:
You can get a floor mounted rear discharge toilet easy enough. A true wall mount will require a carrier. The venting and fitting configuration are going to be your biggest issues. Stay away from 90’s!!!

You have to check your code on the distance you will be from the vent. Plus you will have to do something with the studs that will have a 3 5/8" od pipe in them

Whats under the floor? Basement, crawlspace, first floor? Move the duct its going to be easier then rerouting that toilet.

Keep in mind with that many 90's the flow rate decreases on the waste going out. I supplement any 90 I can with 45's. Not an option in that instance. Can you fit 3 inch between the rafter/subfloor and the AC vent to run the waste line for the stool?

In my honest opinion I think you're better off leaving the stool where it was if it fits the plans. But that's just me. I feel you are going to invest far too much to make this proper.

Next question. How many vents does that duct work carry? Does it only carry the duct work to the bathroom vent or does it carry other vents? If it's only the bathroom vent. Is there a way to move the AC vent somewhere more convenient for you to tie the waste line for the stool to be a straight shot to the stack in the crawl space?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back