Moving kitchen Drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

branimal

Reaction score
I am renovating my kitchen which involves moving my kitchen sink. My condo board wants to know how I will be accessing the drain in the new location.

Below is my current setup and my new setup. Without opening the walls I can only guess how the drains and vents are setup.

Assuming there’s sanitary tee at the existing kitchen sink location, can a 2” drain be wrapped around the wall as shown in the new layout picture? The drain will slope 1/2” per foot and be within 8’ of the vent.

It is also possible that the vent stack wraps around the wall in the same direction as the new proposed drainpipe. That would make the job a lot easier.

Thanks

View attachment IMG_0025.jpg

1/2" slope only allows you 4" to your vent. 1/4" will get you 8" but code only allows 135 degrees of change in direction, you have 180. Instead of using a 90 degree elbow under your cabinet, use a 45 degree elbow and shoot your trap directly into that

Matt30 said:
1/2" slope only allows you 4" to your vent. 1/4" will get you 8" but code only allows 135 degrees of change in direction, you have 180. Instead of using a 90 degree elbow under your cabinet, use a 45 degree elbow and shoot your trap directly into that

Good call on the limit in direction change. Yup I meant to write 1/4” slope per foot. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back