Kitchen sink pipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newhomeowner2015

Reaction score
Help! The pipe that connected the sink to the drain was barely hanging on when we moved in, now it completely disconnected from the sink and had to be taken out. We put a cap on the pipe so we could continue to use the other side of the sink.
We have other projects going ant can't replace all of this yet, so I need to fix it. What would I need to purchase to make this sink functional agin?

image.jpg

Just curious how you "capped the pipe?" It looks like a slip nut on top of the baffle T which would be open. Not that is matters and as long as water is not splashing out of it but it could become a problem if not fixed soon.

Something doesn't look right about that basket strainer (the drain body that mounts on the sink itself). Can you get a better picture of just that?

The screw that compresses the basket strainer is threaded from the top like this.

basket strainer.jpg

Thank you! We were able to piece it together! I'm not sure why the piping is like this, just to the left is the garbage disposal. Everything is working fine for now until we can get it replaced.

Latest posts

Back