zanne

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frodo

Just call me Macgyver
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
right here right now, over there later on.
http://img0.liveinternet.ru/images/attach/c/5/3970/3970473_sprite198.swf

3970473_sprite198.swf

LOL! Orca can't keep up with my mouse! Fun fact: my father had an interest in marine biology (eventually got a masters degree in invertebrate zoology) and used to take me to Sea World a lot when we lived in California. He used to take my cousins too and some of them ended up working there. I always loved the orcas and the balugas.

I went to sea world in San Antone they had a deal you pay 20 bucks and you can have dinner pool side with the orcas.
we were sitting there wacth him swim not 10' away. this couple had a kid, about 6
he ran up to the edge of the pool and splashed the water.
the orca trainer, yelled for him to get back.
5 minutes later the kid did it again.
the trainer flat out told the lady.
look, i am just a trainer, i do not have a degree in public speaking.so forgive me.
you damn kid looks like a seal, orcas eat seal.
if he does not stop running up to the water that orca will come out of the water and eat you seal

Oh man, one of my pet peeves is when parents subject others to their kids and refuse to do anything about their bad behavior-- especially when the behavior is dangerous.

I know parents need breaks and sometimes the kids can be overwhelming, but there are times when the parents need to step in and do nothing-- like when their kids hit and kick other people (or animals) and the parents don't even try to tell them to stop.

I learned something one day in a restaurant. it has proved useful to me.

A kid was screeching i mean like a wild animal, loud and it was really piss'n me off.

so I looked at the kid and screetched back at him, louder..I made the whole restaurant stop and stare

the kid shut up. people looked at me like I had lost my mind. All I cared about was enjoying my dinner with out all the BS noise

I have used this method 2 or 3 times since then, it works, kid is so surprised he just shuts up

I learned something one day in a restaurant. it has proved useful to me.

A kid was screeching i mean like a wild animal, loud and it was really piss'n me off.

so I looked at the kid and screetched back at him, louder..I made the whole restaurant stop and stare

the kid shut up. people looked at me like I had lost my mind. All I cared about was enjoying my dinner with out all the BS noise

I have used this method 2 or 3 times since then, it works, kid is so surprised he just shuts up

I saw someone do something similar to a kid in Walmart. Kid was screaming her head off in the pharmacy section. Guy walked up to her, bent down to her level and screamed back at her and she just stopped. I think sometimes loud sounds will stun small children.

I remember one time my brother slammed the back hatch on the car way too hard when we were going somewhere with a friend's baby. The baby just froze and was stupefied for the next 3 minutes. The baby's father said to my brother "You broke the baby!"

I can understand sometimes when there are kids or babies that don't feel well and start crying, but when they just shriek and make noise it drives me batty.

I saw someone do something similar to a kid in Walmart. Kid was screaming her head off in the pharmacy section. Guy walked up to her, bent down to her level and screamed back at her and she just stopped. I think sometimes loud sounds will stun small children.

I remember one time my brother slammed the back hatch on the car way too hard when we were going somewhere with a friend's baby. The baby just froze and was stupefied for the next 3 minutes. The baby's father said to my brother "You broke the baby!"

I can understand sometimes when there are kids or babies that don't feel well and start crying, but when they just shriek and make noise it drives me batty.

so you have seen it also.

it works. I get funny looks from fellow restaurant-ers
but hey, i am a ham for attention, while they are staring i might juggle the salt and pepper shakers then pass the hat.
not a shy bone in my body

LOL! My dad used to pull some pranks with the salt and pepper shakers. He'd loosen the caps on them at restaurants. He also once discovered that there was a sugar container that looked the same on the top as it did on the bottom, so he took the cap off, flipped it with napkin underneath, and then put the lid on top of the bottom. Next person who went to pick it up had all the sugar pour out the bottom.

Oh, and you remember when they would bring those little pats of butter on wax paper? He would put them on a napkin and tug the napkin to make it sling them to stick on the ceiling.

One of his favorite commercials was the Messin' with Sasquatch one where they loosened the cap on the Sasquatch's salt.

LOL! My dad used to pull some pranks with the salt and pepper shakers. He'd loosen the caps on them at restaurants. He also once discovered that there was a sugar container that looked the same on the top as it did on the bottom, so he took the cap off, flipped it with napkin underneath, and then put the lid on top of the bottom. Next person who went to pick it up had all the sugar pour out the bottom.

Oh, and you remember when they would bring those little pats of butter on wax paper? He would put them on a napkin and tug the napkin to make it sling them to stick on the ceiling.

One of his favorite commercials was the Messin' with Sasquatch one where they loosened the cap on the Sasquatch's salt.

take the lid off the sugar, unfold a napkin an put it over the opening of the sugar, press the paper down, make a well.

fill it with sat. screw the top on

then tear aay the excess paper towel

when they pour sugar, its salt

This sounds bad but when I was an unruly teen. We used to go to different resurants mainly dairy queen. We would stand a penny on edge, then quickly slam the salt or pepper shaker down on the penny. Slide it back to its place and clean up any excces salt or pepper off of the table. Next person to use looses all of its contents on the table. I feel bad that I was always vandalizing them now but then I thought it was hilarious.

LOL!
My father and his friends were pranksters. Some of the stuff they did as kids would get them arrested nowadays. Back then it was just seen as harmless fun.

In other news, I finally got fed up with my hallway being a disgusting mess. The puppy had run through and knocked over the litterboxes and sent litter flying everywhere. Of course, my brother didn't even attempt to clean any of it up. One of the cats has a bad habit of tipping a box accidentally, so I have mats underneath. There was a roll of sheet vinyl for my mother's bathroom (for when I can get around to repairing her floor and getting a new tub/shower installed). There were also cardboard boxes piled up, shredded cardboard, miscellaneous paper trash, plastic bags and other stuff that got dragged into the hallway by the dog, empty plastic bottles, and a bunch of hair and fur in the carpet.

The littermats and gotten pulled out from under the litterboxes and were curled up on the floor. There were also cat food bags repurposed to hold used litter (because plastic bags get holes). My brother was supposed to take them out, but he let them sit for months. I stapled the full ones shut so they wouldn't spill. There were probably 5 full bags after I finally got him to take 2 out the other day.
I used a broom and a large dust pan with a long stick to get up most of the crap and filled two trash bags. I took the individual heavy objects out of the cardboard boxes so I could lift the boxes and move them and then put the heavy stuff back in them (well, some of it, I put the computer chassis in the un-usable guest bathroom for now). My old garbage disposal was still laying around so I put it with the trash. I moved the full used litter bags over with the trash for my brother to take out later (probably will be awhile). I used one of those Bissel sweeper thingies to get the hair and some of the other stuff that the broom wasn't getting. It doesn't work as well on high pile carpet.

Because the vinyl sheet roll had been in the way, I had to keep the litterboxes in front of the linen closet. I set the roll in my mother's room (which is even more of a disaster than my room-- my father was always the one who cleaned the room and she doesn't seem to believe in cleaning up after herself). So, I got that cleared and was able to put the mats down in another spot and then put the litterboxes up. I got the litter genie set up so I can dump used litter into it and then put the bags in the empty at food bags. Some old medicine and vitamins that were being thrown out were inexplicably spilled out all over the floor too.
It was hot as hell in the hallway so I had to take some breaks to cool off and hydrate. I know it doesn't look like much, but I'm a wimp. LOL.
Here is what it looked like 3/4 of the way through-- it took a few hours.
13939444_891159651016901_1619255238674980029_n.jpg

Here is the after shot (I still need to figure out where to put those tubs-- I am keeping the broom, dustpan, the bissel sweeper, and long-handled litter scoops in a small trash bin near the boxes in case of cleanups)
14040072_891159417683591_2843342113026514170_n.jpg

Cats were having a little conference-- one on the left is Itsy, orange is Rupert, and on the right is Bitsy. Rupert is the 'tard who tips the litterboxes over and tries to shred the walls after using the litterbox.
14088498_891159401016926_6860921634054374434_n.jpg

Here's the view from the kitchen. This spot was where the boxes were piled up.
14079462_891159441016922_7027554913834636160_n.jpg

The cats were perplexed but didn't seem overly bothered-- although apparently one or more of them was disgruntled because shortly thereafter they pissed all over the mat in front of the kitchen sink and one or more of them shat on the counter. I've had cats my entire life and have never had them do that on the counter before-- although, it was on a plastic bag. But WTF cats?

Insert meme of Captain Kirk screaming "KHAAAAAAAAN!" and replace the word with "CAAAAAAAAATS!"

LOL.

Mom's reaction: "You didn't get all the stuff off the carpet. You need to vacuum." and "You need to clean the kitchen too."
Brother's reaction: "It looks so nice! Thank you!" *hugs and kiss on the forehead* "Thank you! I really should clean my room."

Last edited:
Back