You can tell that I am getting old...

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, that is what I was referring to. Instead of looking at the plumber's crack, from what could be a beautiful woman, I saw only that she was using a Crescent wrench for the drain assembly, and then have a 3/4" pvc cutter for sprinklers, along with a 3/4" elbow, with PVC glue and primer, which is not normally used for any under sink application.

Yep, I'm getting old.

Crescent is a name brand. The true name is "An open end adjustable wrench", just like Scotch tape. Most know the name brand, but rarely use the "semi-transparent single sided glue tape for light usage only" tape.

Lol, no one removes a P-trap except to deal with a leak under the sink, or augur a line for a blockage. I think the gal is appealing for help from the next door neighbor, who may be a former plumber, like in this video. The cost of part 1 and 2 or his repair is over $2000, a heck of a lot for a smile from a woman. Unfortunately, we do not get a gander at the lady in either video.

My wife is pretty good looking, so I may attempt to find a retired contractor in my neighborhood who can be convinced to help a cute little old lady (for free). I'll spend the rest of the afternoon surfing on the north shore.

My sister lived off Pupukea at Sunset Beach for 30 years. She now lives in Kuhuku. Nephew lives in HawaiiKai, other lives in Waikiki, and other lives in Maui. I need to visit them soon.

Speaking of old…

Is it crescent wrench or adjustable wrench??

I’m on the “adjustable” bandwagon!
I'm 78: it's a "Crescent" wrench, I have several that say Crescent right on them--including a 24" monster I've had for 50+b years...

Then of course there are the larger reciprocating saws--all called "SawzAlls"; and let us not forget "HoleHawgs", and "Skillsaws". I could go on, so don't do anything to get me going...

Lol, no one removes a P-trap except to deal with a leak under the sink, or augur a line for a blockage. I think the gal is appealing for help from the next door neighbor, who may be a former plumber, like in this video. The cost of part 1 and 2 or his repair is over $2000, a heck of a lot for a smile from a woman. Unfortunately, we do not get a gander at the lady in either video.

My wife is pretty good looking, so I may attempt to find a retired contractor in my neighborhood who can be convinced to help a cute little old lady (for free). I'll spend the rest of the afternoon surfing on the north shore.

That guy's skilled and a hard worker. And deserved every bit of the $2,000 for that job. Thanks for posting it.

Latest posts

Back