Yelled at for breifly using kitchen water while person taking a shower.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcs

Reaction score
I didn't realize there is a problem with persons shower.

While at his home I briefly turned on what I remember the cold water from the kitchen and was yelled at because the persons hot water taking a shower went cold.

After thinking about it I would think the shower water would become hotter when using the kitchen cold water but the person taking a shower was briefly doused with cold water.

Now that I know his rule not to use water when someone is taking a shower I make certain no one is using the bathrooms shower if I use any water.

He shares a well with his landlord. I told him there are probably a several solutions to the problem such as a new shower head, hot/cold water valve, a hot/cold water mixture valve, etc. but he currently doesn't want to spend any money so the don't use water while someone is taking a shower rule stands.

The building is an old barn that was converted to a house. I'm thinking he and/or the landlord currently don't want to spend the money for a plumbing upgrade as this sort of problem I think can stem from using different size water pipes, older valves, etc. which may require a professional plumber to ascertain the problem(s) and what type of repairs will be necessary to repair.

Many times the well pump is cycling on and off while using water, which will make for weak pressure and weak showers. Just adding a simple Cycle Stop Valve can give you stronger constant pressure than any city supply. I hate it when people complain about pressure from the water well and pump. It is your pump, or the landlords. He can make it better pressure than any city or five star hotel, you just have to make it happen, which doesn't take as much as you would think.

Latest posts

Back