Wood Shelves - Not Plumbing, but still a Home Project

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks phish... and NO laundry supplies in MY garage! :D We have a good sized walkin laundry room that will be the next to get painted and have the nicer shelves installed. My dream is to get the stacking washer/dryer and put full floor to ceiling shelves beside them...

Thanks phish... and NO laundry supplies in MY garage! :D We have a good sized walkin laundry room that will be the next to get painted and have the nicer shelves installed. My dream is to get the stacking washer/dryer and put full floor to ceiling shelves beside them...

If I were closer I'd give you a hand in that garage. I did the Tan epoxy floors the day I bought my house and love them. The tan makes it feel more like a home than a garage.

If I were closer I'd give you a hand in that garage. I did the Tan epoxy floors the day I bought my house and love them. The tan makes it feel more like a home than a garage.

Thanks for the offer, and I fully believe that you would.. :D

My wife and I are on opposite sides of this conversation. She thinks the tan/dark tan will "show everything" that gets on teh floor, while I think the grey will clash with everything else in the house. I love the idea of the garage feeling like an extension of the house with similar colors and wood shelving instead of black

In the end, I think I can talk her into the Wheat color, since it is darker than just Tan, and it will still have the flecks to break up the color and whatever gets on the floor.

Well, it's been exactly one week since I epoxied my floor in gray. I wanted the stock tan color found in most big box stores, but my wife insisted that I would be sorry installing that color, and thought the gray would look better.

I'll be honest....I believe it was a mistake. It is very boring! It might get better after I install the gray enameled cabinets, but if I were you, I'd go for it and get the brown color.

Right now, we are installing gray tile in the two air vents and trimming it with a dark blue tile. I'll send some pics when the job is complete.

mancavegarageremodel7.jpg

I finished tiling the air vents. It seems crazy but with the recent rains, the water was coming thru the holes and I was afraid it would soak the new drywall. With the tiles leaning outward, any water hitting the tile will just drip back outside.

Last week, I bought plastic air vent diverters, and screwed them down on the outside. One day later, they were broken in several pieces by my dumb dogs. I also thought of making a sheet metal hood for the outside, but I'm afraid it may hurt the dogs. I may install the louvered aluminum vents on the outside, but again, my dogs love to destroy anything and everything.

Sounds like your problem isnt just the rain... :-|

how about the hood scoop off a WRX? :D

I like how you went up the concrete sides with the grey, it makes it look like it is trimmed in stone. The bottom of our wall is a bit different, with the studwall being flush with the concrete "kick area" (???) at the bottom. So that when they added drywall, it actually hung over the concrete, so they used wood trim around the bottom of the drywall. I think it will make a neat effect once all the concrete is brown and the walls are tan and trim is white.

I am headed (or WAS) headed to St. Pete this morning. My flight was cancelled adn I am rescheduled for 2:05pm. So this project is gonna be on hold for a couple of weeks. I have to get back in town, finish the wood fence that I started back in... umm.... September.... then I have the OK to do this...

Latest posts

Back