Wobbley kitchen faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPTTango30

Reaction score
You need a basin wrench:

BasinWrench-774015.jpg

They are cheap at any big box store.

OK Thanks guys.

I got a 6pack for who ever comes over and fixes it for me. My belly won't fit through the door opening.

I have a woobly Cuisinart drop down faucet. Underneath there is a strange contraption (see picture). Do I remove what looks like a black plastic cap and tighten that? Thanks,

faucet.jpg
faucet.jpg

I will be surprised if any American plumber knows.
That faucet is not found in USA.
Find your product literature or call the mfr. probably it tightens from above.

You’re probably right about tightening from top. That pin/rod next the shoe probably stops the rotation of the shoe as you tighten from top.
Doesn’t look like that would hold a kitchen faucet very secure

I came across a faucet that tightened from the top. Took me forever to figure it out. Its been a few years ago now. If I remember correctly, it was a Grohe or Hans Grohe. It had a tall gooseneck spout, and kinda thick. The spout kinda snapped into place. I think I started with a putty knife between the spout and the body and just started prying it off. After I got a gap I upped the pry with a flat head screwdriver and it just popped off. Inside was a hex that I used an allen wrench on. When I was finished, I just snapped the spout back on. It worked with no leaks.
Friendly disclaimer: I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU GOT THERE OR HOW TO TIGHTEN IT.!

I came across a faucet that tightened from the top. Took me forever to figure it out. Its been a few years ago now. If I remember correctly, it was a Grohe or Hans Grohe. It had a tall gooseneck spout, and kinda thick. The spout kinda snapped into place. I think I started with a putty knife between the spout and the body and just started prying it off. After I got a gap I upped the pry with a flat head screwdriver and it just popped off. Inside was a hex that I used an allen wrench on. When I was finished, I just snapped the spout back on. It worked with no leaks.
Friendly disclaimer: I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU GOT THERE OR HOW TO TIGHTEN IT.!

Like this one

Latest posts

Back