johnnyring

I'd rather be shooting!
Reaction score
You need a basin wrench:

They are cheap at any big box store.

CPTTango30

Reaction score
OK Thanks guys.

I got a 6pack for who ever comes over and fixes it for me. My belly won't fit through the door opening.

Winnipegboy

Reaction score
I have a woobly Cuisinart drop down faucet. Underneath there is a strange contraption (see picture). Do I remove what looks like a black plastic cap and tighten that? Thanks,

faucet.jpg
faucet.jpg

breplum

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
I will be surprised if any American plumber knows.
That faucet is not found in USA.
Find your product literature or call the mfr. probably it tightens from above.

Mr_David

Easily Amused
Professional
Reaction score
You’re probably right about tightening from top. That pin/rod next the shoe probably stops the rotation of the shoe as you tighten from top.
Doesn’t look like that would hold a kitchen faucet very secure

Jeff Smith

Reaction score
I came across a faucet that tightened from the top. Took me forever to figure it out. Its been a few years ago now. If I remember correctly, it was a Grohe or Hans Grohe. It had a tall gooseneck spout, and kinda thick. The spout kinda snapped into place. I think I started with a putty knife between the spout and the body and just started prying it off. After I got a gap I upped the pry with a flat head screwdriver and it just popped off. Inside was a hex that I used an allen wrench on. When I was finished, I just snapped the spout back on. It worked with no leaks.
Friendly disclaimer: I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU GOT THERE OR HOW TO TIGHTEN IT.!

Mr_David

Easily Amused
Professional
Reaction score
I came across a faucet that tightened from the top. Took me forever to figure it out. Its been a few years ago now. If I remember correctly, it was a Grohe or Hans Grohe. It had a tall gooseneck spout, and kinda thick. The spout kinda snapped into place. I think I started with a putty knife between the spout and the body and just started prying it off. After I got a gap I upped the pry with a flat head screwdriver and it just popped off. Inside was a hex that I used an allen wrench on. When I was finished, I just snapped the spout back on. It worked with no leaks.
Friendly disclaimer: I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU GOT THERE OR HOW TO TIGHTEN IT.!
Like this one