Will A Toilet's Waste Line Clog If?...

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donverse

Reaction score
If a home use 1.28gpf toilet were to flush down solid waste every time it was used do you think would likely cause a blockage in the waste line for that toilet? I realize that there are of course some variables, such as how long the waste line is before connecting to the main line, but I just wanted to get some thoughts/experience on it. Since most of the time a toilet is used to urinate only I would think in many applications a urine only flush would assist in pushing a previous solid flush further down stream and as a result help to prevent blockages in the sewer line. Would love to hear some insight from anyone with some level of similar experience. Thanks!

At my house, I replaced all 3 toilets with ultra low flushers (.8 gal per flush) and everyone said I was asking for trouble, but 2 years later, I have yet to have a clog.

The amount of paper you use, and the solidity, size, and makeup of your poop, both affect how well the waste moves along down the line.

Back