Why pay so much for a name brand bathroom fixtures?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more thing I'll add. If money is no object, I would say for faucets go with the German made line of Grohe. (the normal lines are not made in Germany like they all used to be). I live near the ocean in Florida and metal finishes do not last here. I wish they made solid stainless steel faucets or solid bronze (not plated at all). Why don't any faucet companies make solid stainless steel or solid bronze faucets? With ceramic catridges and that, they would last forever. I know you can buy commercial grade pool pumps that are made of solid bronze but are there any kitchen or bathroom faucets like that? The quality nickel or chrome finishes still only last 12 years here.

My roman tub faucet is a Grohe. It wasn't cheap but the only one that met my design requirements for my soaking tub. Also, it doesn't have a valve, not sure if that's standard but certainly made things easier from an installation standpoint. Hoping it lasts a long time because access is very difficult - the crawlspace is underneath and siding is behind it.

Agreed. Had experience with Pfister and they offer a lifetime warranty on the valve which they seem to stand by. Sometimes they'll replace without the need for a receipt as long as they can verify it…

P-F and Moen have replaced faucet parts for me, no issues or receipts needed.

I have always had great service with Moen, Price-Pfister and Delta for replacement parts... Recently 3 of my bathroom faucets all went bad in one way or another and Delta sent me all the parts to repair 2 and the 3rd was one that was discontinued so they sent me a brand new one that was similar in cost. They even offered sending me a more expensive one but I would have to pay the difference in the higher price if I wanted. This is why paying a little extra from these companies pays off! Everything made in the last 25 years or more with metal goes bad also...

This also works with other household items as well from well named companies.

The general public values aesthetics over quality.

The same public then complains “ things just aren’t made like they use to be “

Exactly, but people 50 years ago didn’t have to have 500 different styles and colors to choose from. If water flowed they were happy.

Latest posts

Back