Why pay so much for a name brand bathroom fixtures?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dig4gold

Reaction score
The prices are all over the place . . . And what is a faucet expected to do? Turn water on . . . and turn water off. Are you just paying extra for brand name and/or looks?

The prices are all over the place . . . And what is a faucet expected to do? Turn water on . . . and turn water off. Are you just paying extra for brand name and/or looks?

Brand,style, color all can affect price. Not all faucets are equal.

just like cars, etc etc

I understand you guys are plumbers, but is there a such thing as a quality faucet for cheap? We're retired and . . . you know the rest

When it comes to a faucet whether you put it in or a plumber does you get what you pay for. Buy a good brand
name and it will last a long time with a good warranty.

I’ve had great luck with Price-Pfister as well. These higher end firms with lifetime warranties have been known to be very good with the warranty process.

I just talked to a lady yesterday that said her roman tub faucet was beyond getting anymore free parts for it so
price pfister sent her a brand new faucet for free.

I just talked to a lady yesterday that said her roman tub faucet was beyond getting anymore free parts for it so
price pfister sent her a brand new faucet for free.
I have a customer that Pfister sent 3 kitchen faucets over 3 years.

She bought the first one,paid me $135 to install. Then paid me 3 more times to install free replacements.

I advise to avoid Pfister. But I do agree that they honor the warranty.

Their older faucets were ok, I installed lot of Verve tib shower valves,kitchen and lavatory

It is refreshing to hear that some companies are still out there backing the products they sell.

Kudos to them all!

Pfister sent me a new kitchen faucet when I complained the spout was hard to turn and there seemed to be no way for the user to service it. Moen sent me a shower cartridge when I told them the handle was hard to turn (cartridge was already pre-installed). American Standard sent me a new toilet tank after I sent them pictures that mine cracked after 5 yrs. Kohler sent me a new sticker when I showed them the one that came with their $1000+ soaking tub was too dirty to stick. Danze sent me new cartridges & faucet handles with cartridges pre-installed when I told them the all the handles squeaked (didn't solve the problem sadly). Yeah I wish they'd do better quality control at the factory before shipping out the products (esp. the under-lubricated cartridges) but at least the companies honor the warranty, even years after purchase.

Keep your receipts or copies of them handy! Makes it *so* much easier to file a warranty claim!

What's crazy is how expensive the diverter trim kits are. So if you want to save money on shower, just design with a mixing valve only and that single trim. But I found out the hard way that if you want a handshower, rainhead, and decently made tub spout..... You combine that with the diverter valve, mixing valve, the trim for both, and catridges.... It's astronomically more expensive. My wife insists on a tub and shower together. I wish I could just build it as a shower as it would be 10 times easier and 8 times cheaper!

I’ve had great luck with Price-Pfister as well. These higher end firms with lifetime warranties have been known to be very good with the warranty process.
Agreed. Had experience with Pfister and they offer a lifetime warranty on the valve which they seem to stand by. Sometimes they'll replace without the need for a receipt as long as they can verify it's their unit. Also the particular pressure-balanced Pfister valve I had issues with is only $35 from big box stores - can't go wrong with that !

I have one of those Moen sensor touch kitchen jobs and, over the years, it's needed parts, etc. Well the electronics finally started to go unstable and would not work unless the battery pack had a mix of five (5) alkaline AA cells and one (1) lithium cells instead of six (6) alkalines. Moen sent me a completely new $650 (retail) faucet no questions asked. I do like those lifetime warranties! The original faucet was unstable on batteries but when I hooked it up to a +12VDC wall wart power supply it started working normally again. Who woulda thunk it?

Grohe faucets
Delta faucets
Kohler cast iron
Kohler air tubs
Toto Drake 1.6 flush toilets

Latest posts

Back