Why is my shower head leaking?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adigiro1

Reaction score
I have installed 2 brand new shower heads on the same shower and both leaked, which leads me to believe something else is going on. It leaks out of the the shower head holes, not any connections.

Any suggestions on what might be the problem?

I just recently installed a new Delta 1400 cartridge, so the handle no longer leaks. Curious why the shower head keeps leaking.

If you take off the shower head and the flow of water stops completely, then with the shower head installed, the excess water could take a bit of time for the water to leave the shower head. It is common with many shower heads.

If you take off the shower head and the flow of water stops completely, then with the shower head installed, the excess water could take a bit of time for the water to leave the shower head. It is common with many shower heads.

Unfortunately I think it is more than that. It drips for days, not just a few minutes or even a few hours. I probably had about a half gallon of water in a 12 hour period.

Any other thoughts?

The problem is the cartridge or a defective rough valve. There are seats and springs in the cartridge. You could try to replace those or just install a new cartridge. Doesn’t matter if you just replaced it, you’ll have to work on it again.

It’s not the showerhead.

Get a pressure gauge and check your water pressure. You can get one that screws onto a hose faucet

I think the implication is that normally pretty high pressure could overcome a valve that's'iffy', also hey, some stuff especially off-brand tends to the iffy. I've heard occasional talk about (goods of chinesemanufacture) quality - Delta?

Latest posts

Back