Whole House Filter + Physics Question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Battaglia

Reaction score
First off, I'm no plumber. I've got a question and I can't find an answer on the web so either it's a really good question or a really dumb question.

Here's the deal. My wife wants a whole-house water filter (any tips on make/model I should look into would be appreciated). The problem is, we don't have a lot of room for one anywhere in the house (any creative ideas would be welcome).

I see these units that have a series of canisters all in a row... and I'm thinking, what if I mounted them one-atop-the-other in order to reduce the required foot print? Is this a bad idea?

Attachments

• question.jpg
    question.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 8
By the way, I don't know if there's some physical reason why this would be a bad idea... gravity or water levels or something like that.

So long as they are in series, it will work fine. Depending on what you’re filtering for, you may need just one filter.

The county extension agent, or possibly the health district can probably give you some guidance on what you need to filter for, and having an EPA certified lab run an assay on your water might be a good idea, just to be sure of what you need to filter for, and if you might be better off with a particle filter, and good water softener.

Latest posts

Back