Who sells specialty colours these days?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt30

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
We have all seen them. Harvest gold sinks...avocado toilets...sky blue tubs..you know what I'm talking about.

My aunt has a bathroom that's all silver American Standard fixtures and jacuzzi. I recently installed a Gerber Viper Ergo-height toilet in another bathroom in her house, and she loves the extra height due to bad knees. She wants me to track down a grey 17" toilet so it matches her other fixtures. I searched high and low a few months ago, and every supplier shot me down saying nothing like that is available these days. But there's gotta be somebody who makes them that I can order from. I told her I wasn't installing junk toilets either just because it's grey.

So anyone know where I can get a good brand, 17" grey toilet?

I know, I don't ask for much! :p

Just like it is impossible to purchase a new Edsel these days, your best bet is to look at construction salvage companies. I would think it would be cheaper to replace all the fixtures with new, rather than settle for a used color.

By the way, color is spelled color, not colour!;)

Exactly.

Nova Scotia is not in France! :D

Ah... But he may have migrated from Quebec... :cool:

!!! CORRECTION !!!

colour is the BRITISH variant spelling of color.

Seems he is still subject to the Queen, tea parties and cucumber sandwiches...

Sticky wicket, what?

Last edited:
Don't try and tell me there's no "u" in colour! You will upset the queen!....well, my wife that is....who is a school teacher. She also says you guys are wrong :p

Now gentlemen....back to the task at hand. It does seem like my quest for a grey 17" high toilet will fall short on one of two things, availability or cost. A guy put me in touch with a Koehler rep, and they had a grey "right height" for only $799 :rolleyes: I told my aunt and she shot that down in a hurry

I bet if you went to one of the big box hardware stores and asked them to order it, it would be half that price. They love working with these "big quantity" purchasers.

Now gentlemen....back to the task at hand. It does seem like my quest for a grey 17" high toilet will fall short on one of two things, availability or cost. A guy put me in touch with a Koehler rep, and they had a grey "right height" for only $799 :rolleyes: I told my aunt and she shot that down in a hurry

GOOGLE the toilet PN. You might find it at a discount.

Re-glaze?

Nah not looking for anything like that. There's nothing wrong with the toilet she has, it's over 20 years old and still looks brand new, she just likes the height of the new one i put in her other bathroom.

FWIW, the tank on the toilet at my mother's house cracked some years ago. All the fixtures were pink and apparently popular in the mid 1950s when the bath was done over by my father. I checked the usual stores to no avail and finally took one of the ceramic bolt covers as a color sample into a regular plumbing supply. Counterman immediately recognized it as Venetian Pink, available from Gerber. I had the new toilet a couple of days later. This was 20 years ago but it might be worth making the rounds of the local supply houses with a color sample.

Latest posts

Back