which type shower pan?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lamothe1

Reaction score
I am starting to install a new shower in my bathroom. I was going to call a “hot mop” company to hot mop the shower pan, but talking to my neighbor’s contractor doing a new patio for him we got on the subject of my remodel and he said that he prefers to do a shower pan liner instead of hot mop. He says that seen when he’s removing an old hot mop shower liner water got under it because the tar would crack because it’s so brittle when cold. Which way do you guys is best, using a rubber liner or getting it hot moped?

Liner is best if done correctly. Hot mopping is easier. Cold weather areas, your neighbor might be right about he cracks.
I usually only set the drains and the tile guys finish it.
The only pan liner I ever installed was in my own shower, 25 yrs ago. My foreman/mentor helped me.
I laid it. he took it out and redid it. said my folds from bottom to side was not tight enough.
That curved radius of the vinyl will stretch when you lay the mud and eventually tear over time

i was wondering how one would do the corners. it sounds like the liner is not as easy as it looks

Back