Which brand circulator pump - Hot Water heating system

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riickk

Reaction score
Taco circulator pump (age 18) on my hot-water heating system was not working earlier today, then it decided to start spinning again. But my take is, it's just a matter of time until it goes out again, most likely on a snowy -17 day. Time to replace it.

Any opinions on what brand to replace it with. Another Taco, B&G, Grundflos, or what ?? BTW, not a fan of plastic impellers on water pumps.

Learned about cartridge yesterday, but looks like cartridge cost is about the same as the whole pump. Might as well buy new pump, swap in new cartridge to old pump body.

I like the Grundfos recirc pump kit sold at Home Depot. I paid $199. I just looked and the "post-covid" pricing has climbed to $351. Yikes!

I’ve installed a few of those Armstrong 3 speed circulators and they’ve worked well.

Easy to match the rate of flow to what your particular system needs.

Very oddball system, c.1960. Boiler's hot water is pumped to what amounts to a car heater core, there, heat is transferred to FWA system/ductwork.

I would replace it with another taco pump. You got 18 years out of the old one. Their good pumps

Back