Where is my water pressure regulator?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronnie4

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a low ( almost non-existent) water pressure issue throughout my house. Utility company came out and said the house now getting 100psi to the meter so it's probably a regular issue on my side of the meter.

Problem is I can't find the regulator. There is a pipe with some sort of device on it just on my side of the meter (left side in the first photo). Is that it? Just want to be sure because it doesn't look like the regulators on the HD/Lowe's websites.

Second photo is where the main line comes into the house and there clearly isn't and type of regulator there.

Attachments

• IMG_20200712_193321588.jpg
    IMG_20200712_193321588.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20200712_193547708.jpg
    IMG_20200712_193547708.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
No, that looks like a backflow device. Here is my pressure regulator, which is about the first thing you see when it hits your house.20200712_185151.jpg

Hello All,

I have a low ( almost non-existent) water pressure issue throughout my house. Utility company came out and said the house now getting 100psi to the meter so it's probably a regular issue on my side of the meter.

Problem is I can't find the regulator. There is a pipe with some sort of device on it just on my side of the meter (left side in the first photo). Is that it? Just want to be sure because it doesn't look like the regulators on the HD/Lowe's websites.

Second photo is where the main line comes into the house and there clearly isn't and type of regulator there.

The fitting to the left looks like some strainers that i have seen, probably has a check valve in it too. There should be a hex head on the large cap that will unscrew the cover, giving you access to a screen, which I suspect is plugged. Good luck!

Another thought, and a way to test it, If you have a gauge in the house, or hook up a test gauge, it should show 100 psi when you're not using any water. If it's a clogged strainer the pressure will drop a lot when you use water. If it's a defective regulator it will show a lower pressure all the time.

Latest posts

Back