What would you do?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In_over_my_head

Reaction score
Between Little Rock and Memphis, Arkansas
How would you attempt to fix this fluster cluck? I am putting in a new sink base since the old one was damaged due to a roof leak. The leak has been repaired and the old drywall has been removed and replaced. I know I need to move all the piping forward so it will be able to come up through the new sink base. However, there is a outside faucet coming off this mess (it was like this when I bought the house). Is there any way I can retain the faucet and still make this somewhat up to code standard? Most things in this house are not up to code but I am slowly redoing everything so that it is. I really need to get this finished today so I can have my kitchen sink functional again. Please do not suggest hiring a plumber as it is a bit cost prohibitive at this time.

Last edited:
I agree. Cut that entire mess out and take your time running all new.

Are those lines coming up from the basement? I am assuming you dont need the outside faucet for the rest of this year??? (cut it, seal the hole, and look at relocating that line next spring????)

Latest posts

Back