What tool will remove this never seen faucet nut like this

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

Chris t

Reaction score
20210608_162122.jpgcan someone please help identify tool I need to remove this. Never seen this before loosened the screws that are meant to hold the faucet tight to underside kept the in holes to try to use as leverage with my hands and with channel lock and it wont bundle. Any help would be appretiated.

Rickyman

Reaction score
Twist the faucet up top, sometimes that can help loosen the nut below

Old Man James

Reaction score
Maybe I'm not looking properly but what is the orientation of this tube/pipe? Is it coming out horizontally from a wall or vertically from something over it? What at the 'cables' coming out? Can you see the other side? If so, what's there? The picture (to me) has no point of reference.

Twowaxhack

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not looking properly but what is the orientation of this tube/pipe? Is it coming out horizontally from a wall or vertically from something over it? What at the 'cables' coming out? Can you see the other side? If so, what's there? The picture (to me) has no point of reference.
That’s the under side of a kitchen sink faucet. 🤣

Jeff Handy

Pro Handyman, NOT A Pro Plumber
Reaction score
Threads look nice and clean.
Looks like it should turn by hand, after loosening the two screws.

You might have to tap that C shaped nut with a big screwdriver and a hammer, to get it started.

Might help to spray a little penetrating oil on the threads if there is corrosion not shown in your pic.

Jeff Handy

Pro Handyman, NOT A Pro Plumber
Reaction score
It might also be a faucet that loosens from the top, but the bottom C nut could still get it loose.

I would cut all those flex hoses to avoid dealing with them.

And what is up with the cold flex supply, it looks squished, might be a poorly designed faucet?

Old Man James

Reaction score
I dunno, if you blow that picture up and look really close, it looks like TWO threaded pieces. The outer piece is up against that 'brass' C thingy but if you look real close, it looks like there is a STEP down to the other threaded piece. I think I would remove those two screws and see if the outer piece will just unthread from the inner threaded piece; and I wouldn't touch those hoses/whatever until I got those two threaded pieces apart. And it looks like the black hose is inside a white collar tube; is this one of those sprayer hookups where you pull up the black hose to move the sprayer around? Maybe a description of what is on TOP of this assy would be in order?

Twowaxhack

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
I dunno, if you blow that picture up and look really close, it looks like TWO threaded pieces. The outer piece is up against that 'brass' C thingy but if you look real close, it looks like there is a STEP down to the other threaded piece. I think I would remove those two screws and see if the outer piece will just unthread from the inner threaded piece; and I wouldn't touch those hoses/whatever until I got those two threaded pieces apart. And it looks like the black hose is inside a white collar tube; is this one of those sprayer hookups where you pull up the black hose to move the sprayer around? Maybe a description of what is on TOP of this assy would be in order?
It’s a kitchen faucet. The larger threaded tube is the shank of the faucet and the water supplies along with the pull out sprayer hose extends through this shank.

The c shaped nut holds it all tight to the sink.

If it wouldn’t come off with a large basin wrench, I’d zip it off with a oscillator tool and a metal cutting blade.