What part do I need? Picture included.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montana2424

Reaction score
I'm 1" short installing the hot water line for a new faucet. What's the simplest way to fix this? Is there a male to female extension?

IMG-0832.jpg

I had this happen recently on a kitchen sink with built in flex lines. I used compression and chromed copper tube. I didn't take a picture of it sorry.

You need a compression coupling and some chrome tube.

View attachment 28974

Looks like the homeowner has been fiddling since I left.

Also looks like the dishwasher doesn’t have its own valve. Isn’t every appliance suppose to have it’s own stop valve where you plumb ?

Why would the homeowner send you a pic after you left ? Hose hanging up ? Leak ?

Also looks like the dishwasher doesn’t have its own valve. Isn’t every appliance suppose to have it’s own stop valve where you plumb ?

Why would the homeowner send you a pic after you left ? Hose hanging up ? Leak ?

I asked him to.

Simple but ugly. Like the pex under there. It'll match I guess

You think chrome tube, brass compression Union connected to flex lines looks good ? 🤡. Without each having its own valve ?

If you say so.....

Opted not to use a another stop. Sometimes I do sometimes I don't. Yes what I did looks better than the wild flex lines and B pex.

They use raw well water. And have a boiler. It'll all be full of minerals and more things for buildup seem like the thing to do. Down below I have ball valves to shut out all down. They have a hodge podge system that needs the galvanized piping removed. Easy to add another stop if they feel the need.

Back