What kind of fittings are on this valve?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warrior9

Reaction score
I have a 3/4” Shutoff on my pex line. I want to relocate it further upstream (closer to my PRV) so I can finish my basement and have them both behind one access panel, instead of two that would be required now.

I also want to add another valve (on a different section of pex) to a new sillcock outside that would need a 3/4” valve with a drain.

I only have a 3/4” Viega PureFlow Press tool, so I’m looking for something compatible with this. I’m having a hard time finding valves with the sleeves already on them or ones that say they are compatible with the Viega sleeves.

In the photo, the bottom fitting looks like a Viega, but I don’t know what the upper one is.

Any advice for what I need to search for to get a valve that works with the PureFlow press? I would’ve thought this was more common, but I seem to be striking out on what I need to do. I looked up the model for the RWV shown in the pic, and it doesn’t look like anything special...just the normal pex barbed ends...but any pex ball valve I find says it needs crimped.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1D3439FE-A09C-44F7-B329-90797727A3D1.jpeg
    1D3439FE-A09C-44F7-B329-90797727A3D1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • CC6B5D38-ACE6-49A4-A606-BF1E6756AF5D.jpeg
    CC6B5D38-ACE6-49A4-A606-BF1E6756AF5D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
This type
3/4 in. Stainless Steel PEX Crimp Sleeve (10-Pack)
Image result for 3/4 in. Stainless Steel PEX Crimp Sleeve (10-Pack)

The ApolloPex 1/2 in. Stainless Steel Crimp Sleeve (10-Pack) is simple to install and is designed for use with PEX pipe and barb fittings (not included). Stainless steel crimp sleeves provide the utmost in

To teh best of my knowledge you can use any crimp ring and crimper type which work together on PEX B.

We moved from the copper crimp rings to the stainless, a slightly higher end version of this, about two years ago, If has the advantage of one tool for all sizes.

IWISS PEX Pipe Clamp Cinch Tool Crimping Tool Crimper for Stainless Steel Clamps from 3/8-inch to 1-inch with 1/2-inch 20PCS and 3/4-inch 10PCS SS PEX Clamps
by Icrimptools
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019DPYQZM/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_e.9wFb1GB6PPM

Sent from my iPad

Thank you both! I’ve seen those cinch rings before but never bought the tool for it.

I picked up the Viega press a few years ago because I liked that the fittings already had sleeves on them and I didn’t have to try to line it up as detailed. Luckily I’ve only had to work on 3/4” since that’s the only tool I have.

I just never had to mess with any valves yet on it, so I was worried about mis-matching everything. I’ll pick up some normal barbed full port valves as well as a few of these press sleeves: PPRSL075 - Bluefin PPRSL075 - 3/4" Stainless Steel PEX Press Sleeve

I think I just got caught up in overthinking it, so wanted some reassurance.

Latest posts

Back