What is this??

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlandry06

Reaction score
So I have standing water in my yard and saw a sunken area of the yard. I started digging and I found this.... Can anybody tell me what this is??

Attachments

• IMG_20211018_185633407.jpg
    IMG_20211018_185633407.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 29
Looks like a cleanout or a backwater valve.
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to keep digging but I know there is a leak somewhere. I guess I should've also said there are 4 pipes or valves... Something coming off of it. I was hoping someone could enlighten me without all the digging. It's about 6" in diameter (the center)

Might be a distribution box for septic field lines.

I’m guesing

Does the water stink ? You have a septic system ?

Might be a distribution box for septic field lines.

I’m guesing

Does the water stink ? You have a septic system ?
Modad system..and a water well(actually 3 that I know of). Water doesn't stink or anything...just a loft of soft wet areas in the yard and trying to figure out what everything is and where. We just bought the house 3 years ago and these damn pipes will be the death of me. I'm waiting for my neighbors to have me committed since I'm always digging holes everywhere😂😂

Modad system..and a water well(actually 3 that I know of). Water doesn't stink or anything...just a loft of soft wet areas in the yard and trying to figure out what everything is and where. We just bought the house 3 years ago and these damn pipes will be the death of me. I'm waiting for my neighbors to have me committed since I'm always digging holes everywhere😂😂

I have zero experience with a system like yours. Sorry I can’t help.

Latest posts

Back