What is this???

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smb779

Reaction score
Just wondering what this is? Some sort of relief valve? is it possible that this could be contributing to the excessive air in my water system? I noticed the white spout off the side of it sucks air when the pump is filling the tank. Wasn’t sure why? I have an air problem. When you turn on the faucets anywhere in the house or when the toilet is filling all you can hear is air, And the water spits out. It comes around eventually by itself but always comes back after a few minutes. But If I bleed the lines it stays good for about 3-4 days amd then it starts all over again. I have a fibre glass tank. Are they usually bladderless? Someone once told me that. Or do they typically have a bladder like a steel tank? Thanks for any responses

Attachments

• 38F80117-5329-4579-AB66-07A59E31249D.jpeg
    38F80117-5329-4579-AB66-07A59E31249D.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
If you think your tank doesn't have a bladder maybe it has an excess air bleeder valve that isn't working properly. We had a system like that at our last house, every time the pump started it put a small amount of air in the tank, and then the bleeder valve would vent off the excess. This type of system is used where there is hydrogen gas present in the ground, so you don't have a flammable gas coming out of the faucets! It's called an air volume control, and here is one example. They screw into a rather large port, at least 1 1/2, because there is a float on the inside end. I would wrap some electrical tape over the fitting that is sucking air, leave it for a few days and see what happens! Give it about 6 tight wraps!

https://www.zoro.com/johnson-contro...rF_clNuzrhfZ9XXnipzkMhQdKUKBbR5AaAiwxEALw_wcB

Back