what is this ?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirDrainsaLot

Reaction score
ok i htink its a softener.. but unable to find info online.. probley what 40 years old?
i thought it was a grinder but probley wrong on that..
iam not at the house its at. the girlfirends place. 4 hour drive.. hahha so ill answer best i can..
MacClean AD3048SN-220.. 220 is the voltage. but just guessing by the wiring i see in image.
she does have i guess ya call it hardwater.. it taste nasty like dead fish. smells bad but not sulfer bad but close to it.. its in the lake champlane ny area. this thing is doing nothing to clean water thats for sure.. if it is treatment.. it will be a tare down and cleaning.. needed media for it ???? so if it a softener what other ones out there work on the cheap? house hold of 2 but can be at times 4 adults ..
iam sure drink only would be cheaper but if something can be had for drink and shower.
the girlfriend would also probey do clothes every other day.

i guess i need a lesson in this thing and setups.. all new to me .
thank you for any help

Methane gas. degasser ... called someone who might have known and they did..

iam guessing this thing is 30 to 40 years old.. so if you come across something like this.. there ya go...

now the fun begains as the whole system needs rebuilding maybe or replacment.. fun fun funn

Back