what is this

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3t44

Reaction score
this brass fitting seems to have 2 different thread styles...the OD of the small end is 20.5mm
the OD of the bigger end is 25mm. And the big end threads are finer.
What thread styles are these and what is this for??

Attachments

• 100_1610.JPG
    100_1610.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 30
  • 100_1613.JPG
    100_1613.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Although I have no experience with flared connections, I'd say...
The smaller end is a tapered pipe thread, while the other end is a straight thread to accept a nut and is for a flared connection.So it's a flared by pipe thread adapter.
Does it matter what the nominal size is? Probably a 1/2" pipe thread x maybe 5/8" OD flare pipe connection.

https://www.grainger.com/category/f...e-tubing-and-fittings/plumbing/ecatalog/N-qw3

some of you might be good to ask about this...
A new anode/nipple for a water heater is about 35$. Ridiculous. Thats 10% of the cost of a brand new Rheem water heater.
Can I make my own by fastening some aluminum rod to the existing worn out rod and re insert it?

Just STOP You should not play with fittings that you have no certification for using.
Need it be stated that attempting to work on gas without the proper training is DANGEROUS, DEADLY STUPID, AND FROWNED UPON BY THINKING PEOPLE EVERYWHERE.

Just STOP You should not play with fittings that you have no certification for using.
Need it be stated that attempting to work on gas without the proper training is DANGEROUS, DEADLY STUPID, AND FROWNED UPON BY THINKING PEOPLE EVERYWHERE.
:confused:o_O

Sorry i didn't see the discussion of gas with homeowners in this thread.
Had it been in the "Installed Gas Pipe then had pressure drop after 48 hours" thread, I would have understood.

get it right or dont post
btw I would install yellow gas line flex safer than most plumbers..and for a shtload less than they charge.
How you pro plumbers are getting away with 60$ an hour is proof that America is a joke. These days of pile it on pricing will collapse
in its own absurdity. And soon.

Good for you.... I bet you can wipe your asss all by yourself too? Whats your point? And $60 an hour???? HAHAHAHAH TRY $110 An hour. Dont get mad because we make money.

get it right or dont post
btw I would install yellow gas line flex safer than most plumbers..and for a shtload less than they charge.
How you pro plumbers are getting away with 60$ an hour is proof that America is a joke. These days of pile it on pricing will collapse
in its own absurdity. And soon.
Do you feel the same about doctors? Do you think all those tools are free?

Back