What happened to the app

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

voletl

Reaction score
To whom it may concern I normally do this app on my phone through the plumbing forum app recently I noticed that the app was experiencing problems now I can no longer find the app on the Play Store has something happened with this I am currently on my computer viewing the forum online it seems the app has completely disappeared?

voletl

Reaction score
I can access my account just fine if I couldn't then I wouldn't post this.

What I'm asking or if someone can tell me is is that on the Google Play Store for Android there was a plumbing forum app which I have always used now it seems like it doesn't exist anymore can anyone confirm this or not I prefer to use the app instead of going onto my computer and accessing this form online

Diehard

Reaction score
I can access my account just fine if I couldn't then I wouldn't post this.

What I'm asking or if someone can tell me is is that on the Google Play Store for Android there was a plumbing forum app which I have always used now it seems like it doesn't exist anymore can anyone confirm this or not I prefer to use the app instead of going onto my computer and accessing this form online
Can't you access the site from your phone manually and have it remember it?

voletl

Reaction score
Can't you access the site from your phone manually and have it remember it?
I can access it through my phone by using the internet the question that I'm asking though is what happened to the app???
I much rather prefer the layout of the app it is much simpler the design is different and much easier to use.

Just to make sure everyone is clear I can access the site perfectly fine I'm just asking what happened to the plumbing forum APP.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
You are referring to the actual Plumbingfrorums phone app? That went away when we transferred from vBulletin to our Xenforo format a few years ago. If you were able to have the app running just a few weeks ago, this will prove how computer dumb I really am.

By the way, you can still "PIN" this forum to the face page of your tablet, you just won't have the old logo and you will need to manually label it as "Plumbing Forums." To do so, simply type www.plumbingforums.com into your browser bar, when the site pops up, his the three dots or lines, which is usually on the top right of your screen, and click "add to home screen."

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm surprised you were able to use the app as it was turned off some time ago. I double checked and the app setting is not in this software now. Xenforo is made to be very mobile friendly, so once you log onto it via mobile browser and save it should be much better than an App. You will get the full function of the forum. And if you don't like it in up and down (portrait mode) turn it to landscape.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Highlighting fixed

1584632887367.png

You can now highlight and hit delete if you want to get rid of a line in a post. Or use it to apply a top bar editing function.

Diehard

Reaction score
Wow! I like that "new alert" that pops up a soon as you someone responses to one of my posts.
In the lower right hand corner of my computer screen.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
That is the push notification that is new with this software.

voletl

Reaction score
Well to be honest with you guys I'm sad to say but the app was very convenient and if you're telling me that it was pushed away years ago and I was still able to use it then I guess I got my money's worth.

I will say one thing though I will be on this form a lot less often now since I can't use the app talk to you guys soon

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm checking on some things with the app. Check back later today, please.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The app is back online. I did some research and saw that it had not been off-line. We just needed and updated link to make it work. Done now. So @voletl no excuse not to visit the forum and your friends!

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I've reported the not staying logged in. It's happening a few other places I visit. I expect it fixed sometime today.