What do you charge?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In California, they can refuse to pay you if your not licensed and bonded. I knew that but since I have no plans to work down that direction, I didn’t pay much attention.

Then last year, I read about an Attorney, in California, who had his license suspended for using twenty some contractors he had hired off Craigs list, and refusing to pay them because they weren’t licensed. The State Bar considered that as an unethical action.

All members can and will report funny business, Also the board of directors are all plumbers elected by plumbers . It does work very well . there are very few fly by nighters , I myself have called them in.
Just imagine all plumbers are on a level playing field.
it is called corporation of master plumbers. but in French
if you want more info
CMMTQ - Corporation des maîtres mécaniciens en tuyauterie du Québec

Interesting system; sounds effective. Anyone going into a job that was a second effort would recognize inadequacy. Do customers also report? There are differences in subcultures in the US, but in our area, people tend to be reluctant to report problems or spend time and effort to address problems rather than finding another resource. That may be why we have so few qualified, particularly well-qualified, construction resources. The county inspector's office is a good place to get input on questions and there are some word-of-mouth referrals, but as far as I know, there is no "complaint department" (trade organization, government, or other) for reporting issues, unless you are on Anji or Yelp, and those ratings can be from people who were happy because they had pleasant interactions.

Thank you everyone for your input!.. I think I may have confused everyone with my post. There is a ton of work out here (like most places) I’m not afraid of the lack of work, just trying to hone in on a pricing structure where I win and so does the customer. I could probably charge 300/hr and get a yes from half my customers, but I want to be fair as well. I’m really just wondering what steps you took to find your rate where the customer calls you back and refers you to everyone.

You have to calculate your costs.

After I did that, with my costs being so low, I had to scrap that figure and just charge what the market would pay.

I have a mixed of by the hour and flat rate.

Latest posts

Back