What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One can enable good behaviour and one can enable bad behaviour. Which do you think I am and why?
I don't think you get my drift , twh is a very controversial person. BUT, he is right 99 times out of 100. Love him or hate him, he contributes more to this forum than anyone else. He takes time out of his day to reply to even simple questions. ( Oh crap, I forgot about frodo)

I don't think you get my drift , twh is a very controversial person. BUT, he is right 99 times out of 100. Love him or hate him, he contributes more to this forum than anyone else. He takes time out of his day to reply to even simple questions. ( Oh crap, I forgot about frodo)

I appreciate the kind words.

I might post more opinions but I’m not sure I contribute more. 🤣.

It’s good to get different opinions and perspectives on various topics.

Forums help with problem solving in my day to day. It’s the process, working through the possibilities.

A problem proposed on this forum helped me solve a customers problem a few weeks ago. I solved it in 20 minutes and 2 other plumbers failed. I give all the credit to this forum for the success on this particular job.

Solving problems like that will make you famous in my area........

My apologies to one and all. I thought I was responding to SHEPLMBR and not TWH as I was referring to her concern about her Friday flight out of IAD. Again, my apologies to anyone who I may have offended or who have taken my errant post the wrong way.

I bought all kinds of crap on EBay.

18v Milwaukee circular saw ( 6.5” )
Delta wall mount handheld shower holder
Delta 3 function shower diverter trim

Delta shower diverter rough valve
Delta handheld shower slide bar
2) Delta kitchen faucets
Delta handshower wall elbow
3) Delta multi choice r10000 rough valves
5 pack of Milwaukee sawazall blades

Just bought the Milwaukee 18v drywall screw gun

Someone please stop me......call the hotline and report me

I woke up sick. Nausea and diarrhea. Went back to bed after taking vitamins and allergy meds. Found out my best friend's gf tested positive for Covid. She got it from her sister-in-law & niece. They may have given it to me too. They stood right behind me in line at the pharmacy for over 15 minutes- within 2 feet, yabbering away at me on Monday. Lied and said they only had a cold. The gf messaged me later to tell me they admitted to having Covid. I told her they'd been right up near me talking to me. She's pretty pissed at them. They've been going back into the store repeatedly even though they are contagious. Now I have to quarantine. I'm exhausted and have a sinus headache too. I'll be pretty mad if I got Covid from them. I don't have medical insurance and I have congenital heart issues and damaged lungs already. If I continue to feel sick I'll go get tested.

At least I got laundry done, swept the hallway, and wiped muddy cat pawprints off the counter.

Got my curbside pickup order, found my samsclub order on the porch, fed the cows, desk broke (top came off and doesn't want to go back on the dowels). I need to superglue it or something and find a way to weigh it down so it stays on.

Curbside pickup lady was super nice. I told her I would roll the window down so she could put stuff in without having to open the door or have close contact with me.

Friends gf tested positive for Covid yesterday and friend tested positive today. They prescribed him something to take, not sure what. Too bad they don't have any anti-***** meds for his gf. She woke up from a bad dream about him "talking to an ugly girl in Discord" and bc she's schizophrenic her mind couldn't separate fever dream from reality so she went ballistic on him. Threw a butterknife full of butter at him and then tried to punch him, but he deflected. He needs to call her shrink and report that she's returned to her violent behavior. She's a danger to others. The nurse at the clinic said she needs to be committed if she keeps acting like that. In the past she's thrown pots & pans at him and actually hit him with pots and pans. She broke one of the pots on him before. Getting hit with objects by her is how he ended up with blood clots and a stroke.

Doctor friend of mine said my symptoms matched up with Omicron but I'm waiting to get tested (sometimes it gives false negative early on). Got EmergenC powder (with vitamin C and Zinc) to put in my water, vitamin C capsules, cough drops, and chocolate covered almonds. Nuts increase saratonin production. I drank an entire liter of water with the powder and I'm ready for a nap. Got a mild sinus headache still.

I got up and cut some of the blackberry bushes (that have grown like crazy) down with a mini chainsaw. It was tedious and I didn't get much done because I had to wear gloves and grab each vine and hold it so I could cut it. Ended up with vines stuck to my leg then stuck to my sleeve, then back on my leg again-- probably would have made for a good comedic scene in a tv show or movie. Battery crapped out and I switched batteries but found I was getting overheated and short of breath. I will have to use a better tool for the cutting.

So, the good news is, other than being tired and having the irritation in my esophagus, my other symptoms have abated (for now). But, I seem to have acid reflux. It's been plaguing me when I eat-- particularly meat like pork and beef. The food gets stuck partway down and I feel gas bubbles. So, today I was eating pork chops and chewing very carefully to make sure I wouldn't choke. Felt air bubbles coming up and they wouldn't come out. Caused discomfort in my chest/throat and wouldn't seem to go down or up. Food started getting stuck and I started hiccupping. I drank water to try to force it down but it backfired. Came pouring out my nose and mouth and for at least 30 seconds I couldn't breathe (but fortunately I didn't aspirate anything). Spewed all over myself, the floor, and the dogs. I'd been distancing from my Mom to avoid getting her sick (just in case) and her dog went running to her and hopped on her lap. She'd heard me choking and spewing so she knew what happened (she's been getting that a bit too the last few months). She called me to tell me that the dog had my puke on him and now she had it on her hands. I apologized but she laughed and thought it was funny. Time to give the doggies baths.

Started feeling worse, went to the doctor Monday. Couldn't get in to see my regular doctor so I saw the Nurse Practitioner. No Covid or Flu but I have Bronchitis. She prescribed some meds and wanted to get me some sort of inhaler but it was out of stock. Today I went to the post office and stood in line at the pharmacy to pick up meds for myself and Mom. Took awhile but I got the stuff, got some groceries, and got out. But I managed to cut my thumb on a pudding cup while loading my truck. LOL.

Friend is going stir crazy stuck in the house with his crazy gf. She's refusing to take care of the baby or clean up after herself. They both can't taste food anymore. Baby has been crying a lot. Gf had a job interview today bc the place she works is firing her for being sick. They now only give people 5 days sick leave regardless of whether or not they are still contagious.

My respiratory symptoms aren't so bad. *knocks on wood* but I'm tired and feeling weak. I couldn't even lift a ladder the other day.

I forgot to go out and put the Reflectix back up on the well shed to keep heat in last night. Been feeling so tired I can barely do anything. No plugs working in there for a heater. Water froze in the pump. Ugh. I have it wait for it to thaw out and hope nothing is ruptured/broken.

Friend of mine called and his gas furnace will not run.

Lucky for him he has an electric oven and dryer. He disconnected the dryer hose and let it blow into the house and opened the oven door.

Latest posts

Back