What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On vacay in Custer State Park in Kristie Noem’s South Dakota. Chronic insomnia set in and Satan himself sent me a link to this thread 😳 I had no idea there were so many people like me, oddly weird and sometimes deranged, out there! I decided to start on page 1 and am up to page 60 with 130 more to go before setting off for Mount Rushmore. This place is like heaven on earth and they aren’t Biden/ Harris supporters to boot!

On vacay in Custer State Park in Kristie Noem’s South Dakota. Chronic insomnia set in and Satan himself sent me a link to this thread 😳 I had no idea there were so many people like me, oddly weird and sometimes deranged, out there! I decided to start on page 1 and am up to page 60 with 130 more to go before setting off for Mount Rushmore. This place is like heaven on earth and they aren’t Biden/ Harris supporters to boot!
Glad you like our red state!

Replaced a Delta Shower diverter cartridge and rebuilt a toilet on first service call.

Replaced aerator and garbage disposal on second service call

Checked for no hot water to mop sink and found stop valve turned off. Rebuilt the faucet. That was service call #3.

I’m in for lunch then I’m going to clean a a washing machine/ksink drain later this evening from the roof. Kinda too hot right now, in the 90’s. It’s that high humidity 🤓

I bet that cleaned out septic system is more sanitary than the trucks they used to bring in the lunches for my last public school. I got a lesson in food poisoning there. Ended up having to bring my own lunch so I would stop getting sick.

Think I forgot to mention that one of my teeth broke. Earliest the dentist can see me is August 25. I'm trying to find a different dentist but the one I want isn't open until Friday.

I married a girl my ex-wife use to babysit.

my exwife taught my wife how to swim 🤡

I dated her older sister before I married her.....🤡🤡 I was 32 and she was 18

I've been planning my plumbing layout for the laundry room and trying to figure out how to install a floor drain with vinyl planks instead of tile.

Not doing much today. Yesterday I had to go to the store so today I'm resting. It's too hot to go out and do much.

I've been planning my plumbing layout for the laundry room and trying to figure out how to install a floor drain with vinyl planks instead of tile.

Not doing much today. Yesterday I had to go to the store so today I'm resting. It's too hot to go out and do much.
I wouldn’t put a floor drain

Ok. I was looking in to it and seems like a floor drain would be a pain anyway.
I'm currently waiting for it to be time to leave for my dental appointment. 1hr 10min drive give or take a few given traffic.

A floor drain is nice in a slab floor. We haven't had odor problems from standing water or from the P trap drying out, but I pour a quart or so of water into it periodically. For a wood floor, there are some overflow basins like those used for water heaters, and there is a side port where you can connect a hose. If you had a way to route that to the drain, that would be good.

I went for a dental appointment. Had to get a broken tooth fixed. She did a great job. I couldn't even tell the tooth was ever broken. She color-matched the filler material to my existing tooth to make it blend in. Took less than 45minutes from the time I stepped through the door to the time I walked out. Most of the time was spent waiting for the numbing stuff to kick in. In October I'm having 3 teeth filled. They aren't as bad as this one so hopefully it will be faster per tooth.

Yesterday we resolved a mystery. The bathroom exhaust fan would blow water into the bathroom when we turned it on. High five to the first person who guesses correctly, or close enough.

Thanks to the assist from wasps building a nest in the chamber of the soffit vent between the grilles and the flaps. If anyone has a good way of preventing wasps from building nests there, short of screen that would impair air flow, I would be very, very interested.

Latest posts

Back