What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. You be nice, it will get into your house and strike your mom. I love animals, but not at the risk of harming my family.

Rattlesnakes give live birth so they don't lay eggs. I was told it is not time for birthing season just yet. Not sure if the trap described would work. I always watch the ground when walking to make sure I'm not going to step on anything. One good thing about snakes is that they can feel vibrations of very large things moving so they will often get out of the way, but I know stepping on them is still a danger. Had a guy who brought his kid out when installing my satellite. Kid stepped directly on a copperhead, but I think because he was so lightweight, the copperhead decided to play it cool and stay as still as possible. When I looked down and saw it I told the kid to very slowly back away and then told the guy to back away as there was a copperhead. It didn't budge the entire time. But, no guarantee that the rattlesnake will be the same way. They tend to be territorial so I was told it is unlikely that there will be more than one.

I have discussed with my family my concerns about the snake getting inside. My walls weren't built properly- There are no horizontal 2x4s underneath the studs. So it's just open to the underside of the house in many places. A snake could easily climb up inside of the wall, get in to the attic, and then come down or come out through where wall paneling is missing/pulled away.

I need to start looking up snake traps. I don't care if it's dead or alive, I don't want this thing under my house or in my yard.

I really wish I could buy some big king snakes to put in my yard. They are beautiful creatures and would eat other snakes.

Ran out of cat food. Cats were not happy. They would not let me sleep. So I got up early and went to the store to get cat food. My brother carried it in and fed the cats. They are now happy and no longer harassing me.

I hope you can get it fixed, @justinberry.

Today was a f*** it day for my friend and I. Picked him up, went to the store to get the glue & everything we might need, got to my house, I distracted the cows for him so he could get over to the house, and then he tells me he hears this weird buzzing sound. I walk over and it sounds like some sort of insect. He starts clearing more and suddenly he comes running over saying "NOPE!! It's NOT a bug!!" I was trying to make sure I got all the tools from the truck and asked "What is it?" Friend, "It's a f***ing rattlesnake!" He snapped a picture and I went over to look.
Dog starts running under the house & he starts yelling at her. Cat starts to go toward it and he pushes the cat away. I grabbed the cat and shoved her into the house. Went around front and called the dog and lured her back into the house.

Friend tried to pull the snake out with a shovel after I got a machete. Shovel handle broke and snake got away. So, it's under there & we decided the under-house crawl was NOT happening. No animal control in our area to come get it though. So we need to figure out how to catch it or find someone who can do it.
View attachment 29739

Ended up going to get my brakes looked at again because they are catching and squealing. Will have to take it to the dealership bc the guys who did the brakes couldn't figure out what was wrong. I need transmission fluid done anyway.

Also got my mailbox situation sorted out so I can get mail again.
How good of a shot are you with 22 rifle? Leave him lay a good day after shooting it and use a long hoe to drag him out is what I'd do. Just be sure not to hit any gas or water lines.

justinberry, problem was the snake disappeared. It slithered away and hid. I have a policy of not shooting if I can't see my target. And even if I can, I won't shoot if I could possibly miss and hit one of my pets. My dog was under there so she was somewhat in the way. Snake apparently went toward her and she jumped up and hit her head.

I saw some sort of box at HomeDepot with some sort of netting that claims it has pheromones to attract snakes. The negative reviews I read were all just people griping that it was cruelty to animals and nothing constructive. If I could get the snake in there, I'm pretty sure the snake expert guy would come get it.

I watched a Columbo marathon last night and in to this morning. Slept until 4pm. Got up and cooked for mom. Now I'm researching how to make a lift for a sewing machine platform.

Wow! I would not want to use an attractant without having a very solid, successful way of trapping all that arrived.

justinberry, problem was the snake disappeared. It slithered away and hid. I have a policy of not shooting if I can't see my target. And even if I can, I won't shoot if I could possibly miss and hit one of my pets. My dog was under there so she was somewhat in the way. Snake apparently went toward her and she jumped up and hit her head.

I saw some sort of box at HomeDepot with some sort of netting that claims it has pheromones to attract snakes. The negative reviews I read were all just people griping that it was cruelty to animals and nothing constructive. If I could get the snake in there, I'm pretty sure the snake expert guy would come get it.

I watched a Columbo marathon last night and in to this morning. Slept until 4pm. Got up and cooked for mom. Now I'm researching how to make a lift for a sewing machine platform.
Moth balls maybe?

My septic tank pump failed to work. The float switch failed again.. I have a 3 tank system. Before I replace it I cleaned the 2 wet tanks. Nasty jo.

Attachments

• IMG_20210609_171622891.jpg
    IMG_20210609_171622891.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20210609_160625499.jpg
    IMG_20210609_160625499.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
justinberry, mothballs don't actually work on snakes. They don't have a sense of smell in the way mammals do. They are not deterred by strong odors. I don't even know if they actually smell pheromones or if that is just some bs gimmick.

I went down to the barn and grabbed a couple of boards out of a wood pile to set in the workshop. Someone has been in there and I don't know who. But stuff was moved around and the door I painted (that had been wrapped in a moving blanket) was unwrapped and scratched. Not sure who was down there but can't tell if anything is missing.

I need to put a new lockset on it.

justinberry, mothballs don't actually work on snakes. They don't have a sense of smell in the way mammals do. They are not deterred by strong odors. I don't even know if they actually smell pheromones or if that is just some bs gimmick.

I went down to the barn and grabbed a couple of boards out of a wood pile to set in the workshop. Someone has been in there and I don't know who. But stuff was moved around and the door I painted (that had been wrapped in a moving blanket) was unwrapped and scratched. Not sure who was down there but can't tell if anything is missing.

I need to put a new lockset on it.

Silent alarm and an AR rifle.

I repaired two hose bibbs, installed owners dishwasher, replaced a kitchen sink drain, rebuilt a price pfister faucet and replaced two ballcock and two flappers.

$675

Silent alarm wouldn't be a bad thing. Don't need an AR. I've got an M-14 with bayonet. I do need to make a note to buy a new lockset though. Too bad Walmart doesn't sell Shlage brand. I'll have to check Lowes and HomeDepot.

So, it's been hot as hell here. Kitties have been spending a lot of time inside with me. I haven't gotten too much done because the heat sapped my energy. I did clean litterboxes today. It was overdue & cats were not happy. Shoulder is still giving me trouble. I picked up mail and popped in to visit my friend and check on a kitten that I had to take to the vet. It isn't looking good and my friend's gf threw it out of the house. It's mom doesn't appear to be anywhere around so I may have to get formula and bottlefeed the poor thing. I need to see if I can get the guy who does my friend's yard to come out and cut the weeds and some of the small trees on a day when it isn't hotter than hell.

I had to replace mom's bedroom door. I think that knob was older than me and it finally broke. Only option was some cheap kwikset knob for mobile homes (it was literally the only privacy knob in the store). It's weird to touch the knob and have it feel smooth. Older knob was rough.

Today I cleaned my tanks before replacing the float switch in my septic system. You can eat out of it it's so clean... LoL

Attachments

• IMG_20210728_142909898.jpg
    IMG_20210728_142909898.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back