What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dentist said he will shoot my ankle up with juice to numb it.

Should I take him up on the offer ?🤷‍♂️🤓

Matt, I would have done the same - mouse rescue. However, his success outside would be limited due to the cats. However, they share their dishes with possums and raccoons.

I've heard from others who have found snakes in their tubs, and I've heard about the rats in NYC coming in through the sewer drains. We once found a young bullsnake in our new house, in the kitchen. No idea other than the drains how he could have gotten into a well-sealed house.

Maybe the mouse was trying to get a drink? Then he learned that is easier for dogs than mice. Maybe we need a new thread: "What did you find in your plumbing today?" Thanks for a laugh this morning.

PS: Sympathies to TwoWaxHack. My ankle looked like that a while back - tripped over a dog in the middle of the night, who used to sleep on the other side of the bed.

You should take the free shot, skip the expensive and busy ER visit on a weekend, but then see your doctor on Monday.

You might have torn something, and if you walk on it too much, it can go from just rest and rehab to needing surgery.

And agree, ice and elevation.

You should take the free shot, skip the expensive and busy ER visit on a weekend, but then see your doctor on Monday.

You might have torn something, and if you walk on it too much, it can go from just rest and rehab to needing surgery.

And agree, ice and elevation.

I just wrapped it up with an ace bandage. It’s blue today. I slept well.
I brought ice packs and a chair.

I popped a pain pill and I’m on my way fishing and to shoot BB guns.

It’s a beautiful day here on the Gulf coast it’s 75 degrees and partly cloudy.

I love to go plinking.

With bb guns or 22 rifles.

I am the best shot among all my pals, used to go hunting but gave it up, more fun shooting than killing.

This place is cool, it has a real treehouse, professionally built and its not really a lake, it’s a large pond. The “ toy “ garage is themed after a gas station snd has a bar. 0703C7A1-64C3-4A39-AF27-AF6F0A93790C.jpeg3EA4753C-811D-4153-A313-91F6B62E0241.jpeg35541BCD-96F2-4F76-A9C8-FB2A36E5FC62.png

Walked on my foot all afternoon. It’s huge !!!!

Anyway we caught some nice bass but I left my phone up at the garage and I wasn’t about to walk to get it. We didn’t keep any because i didn’t want to clean them.

check this garage out.

33CB3231-DE18-4748-B072-01DB652E379C.jpeg2F55A86A-A34A-4DFA-B6DD-2BDE5EE588DC.jpeg
That’s an apartment upstairs, it’s above the “ work shop “ in the first pic.

Last edited:
That's an awesome garage!
Twowaxhack, sorry about your ankle. I've done that too many times. I once fell down the stairs at the post office while carrying packages and rolled both of my ankles-- actually sort of stepped on top of one and pulled either a ligament or tendon.
tumblr_p4vnxdfWTZ1qkwd9ao2_640.jpg

tumblr_p4vnxdfWTZ1qkwd9ao3_640.jpg

Right one initially looked like this:
tumblr_p4o6lpF1HP1qkwd9ao1_500.jpg

tumblr_p4o6mgfvIu1qkwd9ao1_500.jpg

After a few days it looked like this:
tumblr_p4vnxdfWTZ1qkwd9ao5_640.jpg

tumblr_p4vnxdfWTZ1qkwd9ao6_640.jpg

So I feel for ya. It really sucks. (One of these days I'll find the pic of my left one after I dislocated it-- it was even worse than the right one). Not trying to one-up. LOL. Hopefully yours will heal faster than mine did. I had my cat in the truck to take her to the vet. Drove her to the vet, limped in and asked to buy some bandages and immediately wrapped both ankles. I laid down on the bench with my feet on the carrier. Another customer came in and looked at me with confusion and Steph (the clerk) told her I fell down some stairs and twisted both my ankles.

I went to the grocery store today to get milk & anbesol for my brother. I was having bad back pain and had trouble moving. He had severe tooth pain so we didn't waste time (other than me moving slow because my back wasn't cooperating). He needs a tooth pulled but there are no emergency dentists within 100 miles and the only dentists in the area aren't open til Monday.

Briefly stopped by to check on my friend & his yard looks much better. He asked the city to come check it out and see if it passed muster. They never showed up. I forgot to look to see if another mutual friend had removed his camaro that's been sitting there for over a year. Friend said he's going to have it hauled off or file for the title on it and sell it if the friend doesn't come get it soon. When he asked the friend to come get it, the friend told him to just push it in the back behind the house. Well, first he asked why it was even a problem and was told that it has no valid registration or insurance and city was threatening fines if it wasn't removed.

Played around with software on American Steel Carports to design a custom barn. Need to find out what the price would be for it and how much extra it would be for a solar powered gable fan and maybe a setup that would allow me to have LED shop lights inside. I think they charge $90 for one of their electrical packages so I will have to ask the owner about it. I wanted a 12'x16' barn initially. I looked at an 8' one on site with a 6'x6' door. While it was a great height for me to be able to grab & pull the door down, my cow would hit her horns on it & it had a plywood floor-- which is no bueno for fat cows that pee everywhere. I looked at some of their other models and I liked how the utility buildings had a covered "porch" type area. I also liked that some of the buildings had a lean-to on the side. There was a really big barn with 17' ceiling. I think it was 20'x30 and cost $7100. The smaller one with plywood floor was over $6k. Anyway, I figured out how to design one I liked:
20'x20' with 4'x12' porch that merges with the front of the lean-to. Porch and closed in portion have 10' posts at the sides and closed in portion is 12'x16'. Lean-to has 8' posts on the outer side. I picked 3/12 pitch so it will rise 2'. Lean-to will be 8'x20' (merging with porch). I'm playing around with having a door added to the side. The main door is one of those pull-down ones and will be 6'x7'.
Here are the sketches the program drew for me:
Barnideasfromsite2.pngbarnideasfromsitedoor1.png

I love to go plinking.

With bb guns or 22 rifles.

I am the best shot among all my pals, used to go hunting but gave it up, more fun shooting than killing.
If you like .22’s then you’d like this gun.

I can pop quarters at 100yrds with match ammo on a calm day.

Silver dollars size are too easy. @Jeff Handy

D162BDB9-98F9-41FA-A34F-05C148108F79.jpeg
I never have cared for hunting but I love shooting sports.

I just plink with a comfy old Marlin model 60.
Iron sights.
More manly, haha, a scope is cheating.
I think I have a scope for mine somewhere, but it ruins the fun.
I trained on bb guns, where you had to shoot six inches to a foot high, and allow for windage based on a hunch and the wind on your cheeks.

I just plink with a comfy old Marlin model 60.
Iron sights.
More manly, haha, a scope is cheating.
I think I have a scope for mine somewhere, but it ruins the fun.
I trained on bb guns, where you had to shoot six inches to a foot high, and allow for windage based on a hunch and the wind on your cheeks.
If you can see quarter at 100 yrds, you picked the wrong profession.🤣

If you can see quarter at 100 yrds, you picked the wrong profession.🤣
Not bragging but I am purdy darn good.
Not quarters but targets, or real life objects.
When I used to hunt pheasants, I would wait til my pals missed, to take my longer range shots.
Leading it by three or four feet.
Pretty good at shooting shotgun skeet and shooting from the hip, it draws a small crowd, haha.

Not bragging but I am purdy darn good.
Not quarters but targets, or real life objects.
When I used to hunt pheasants, I would wait til my pals missed, to take my longer range shots.
Leading it by three or four feet.
Pretty good at shooting shotgun skeet and shooting from the hip, it draws a small crowd, haha.

I’ll set you up a quarter at 100 yrds and give you 10 shots. I’ll drive to you.

If you can hit it without an optic I’ll give you 10k and if you don’t, you pay me 5k for my trip up there to see your exhibition.

Deal ?

We like to have fun when we talk smack 🤣

🤣

Last edited:
Now I can finally cross “go ax throwing downtown” off my bucket list 🤠

D13F0981-8584-4F61-8D49-39852470AC22.jpeg

D155FBD0-0BB3-4E75-9B55-049BA36F924C.jpeg

DF544116-F66F-4498-BF07-0975E143AEA4.jpeg

This newly opened establishment is called Bad Ax Throwing. They have locations in 32 US cities. The’ll give you beer and let you throw axes. What could go wrong?

I brought an old friend and a friend from work. We had a blast at the Charlotte location. 👍👍

Im sorry to hear of everyone’s ankle injuries. I hope yours will quickly heal TW. Take care.

I am laughing at the gouged up wood, eight feet from the target!
And some chunks out of the floor!
I always wanted to try that.
They have some places like that around here, got to get there soon.
Reminds me of the famous episode of Johnny Carson with Ed Ames throwing the axe, find it on Youtube!

Friends and family took me to a place called Hatchets and Hops for my 60 th birthday. We had a ball before the beer started kicking in . Throwing axes and drinking beer , only in America.

Latest posts

Back