What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad its not possible to train carpenter bees to drill holes where we want them when we want them to. LOL.

I hung out with my best friend a bit. He rescued another kitten. Found a tiny kitten that still needed milk in the middle of the road. He hit the brakes & rushed over to save it from getting run over. So, now they are giving formula to 3 kittens again. I really want to bring it home. It's a solid black kitten.

Went to Walmart to grab groceries, took a short nap, talked to HD CS to get a discount on my miter saw order bc its still lost with UPS. I don't think it will show up. I ordered a saw that is in stock that I can go pick up in the store tomorrow.

I decided to make a 2nd attempt to finish off the "mudding" of the cement board. This time I used icewater and put a bag in the bucket. The bag made it harder to stir but kept it cooler and easier to remove from the bucket. My back started hurting right at the beginning while I was mixing but I pushed through and got it done. Its incredibly sloppy, but its done. I will see how it looks once it dries and figure out if I need to make a tiny batch for touch-ups. For now I'm exhausted. I'll post pics in my thread though.

Too bad its not possible to train carpenter bees to drill holes where we want them when we want them to. LOL.

I hung out with my best friend a bit. He rescued another kitten. Found a tiny kitten that still needed milk in the middle of the road. He hit the brakes & rushed over to save it from getting run over. So, now they are giving formula to 3 kittens again. I really want to bring it home. It's a solid black kitten.
Agreed. The bees drill better holes than I and my drill press do.

Too bad we didn't live closer because my daughter would certainly like a new meowing baby all-black kitty cat. Put up a pic of the new kitten if you get a chance.

Ok. I will try to take a picture or get my friend to take one. I wonder how the poor thing ended up in the middle of the road.

Got up early and went to pick up my miter saw from HD. Grabbed some new pex cutters bc mine keep disappearing on me. Got some with a case and replacement blades included. Hoping they won't disappear as much now.

Used the stowsen tub repair kit and the color wasn't quite right and it didn't go on smoothly. Ended up lumpy, but its better than the ugly black bare steel that was there before. Gonna see if my friend can help me grind it down a bit to be smoother and then put some turtle wax on it. I don't care if its not pretty so long as it won't rust.

Waiting on friend to be able to come over and he's waiting on his stupid lazy ex to wake up so she can take the toddler.

Lining up and waiting to listen to Governor Glenn Youngkin speak at our daughter’s graduation. It’s been a long haul!
Sounds like a "congratulations" are in order! I was unaware that was your home state! We just visited Colonial Williamsburg two weeks ago. Such a beautiful part of the country!

That’s a nice part of the state compared to the north. Thanks for the congrats and I was surprised at how well Youngkin was received because of the flak he’s taken from the very vocal liberals here at George Mason. All in all a very civil and tolerant group which just a few outliers making noise.

(PS. We are also $2k per month "richer" now that we aren't paying tuition and room & board. And, sadly, we have no student loans that could be "forgiven")

Last edited:
Yesterday I had a long chat with Fedex CS about my packages being misdelivered or dumped on my lawn. They added permanent instructions to my file that packages are to be left on the porch near the door. I woke up to the dog staring out the window wagging her tail. Looked out and saw my neighbor closing her trunk & jumping back in her minivan with something in her hand. At first I thought she was stealing my stuff. I was irritated with the dog for not barking. She barks at wind, lizards, birds, cats, & dogs but she won't bark at people? Ugh. People are what I want her to bark at! Went out and only saw 2 of my packages and was really pissed thinking the neighbor had stolen the 3rd. Then I checked the fedex pictures and saw a photo of the back of my truck. I started looking around and the 3rd package (which weighs 25lbs) was out on the lawn in the yard between my truck and my brother's truck.

So I took pictures of the locations and after I retrieved them & got overheated, I contacted Fedex and sent the pictures and pointed out I've repeatedly requested my packages NOT be left on my lawn and how I had to go search for my package. I thought maybe 2 different drivers had come by. Fedex said it was the same driver. They took the time to bring two packages to the sidewalk but dumped the other on the grass. They actually opened a complaint file on it. I only wanted them to ask the driver to please leave my stuff on the porch. I know it was hot out, but its their job and the least they could have done was put the 3rd package on the sidewalk.

I'm waiting to hear back from my friend about whether or not he can help me this weekend. If he can't I'll have to try to do as much as I can by myself. I really want it wrapped up by Tuesday. I don't expect it to all be done in one day. Maybe 2 or 3 if I can get him to come out and help for a bit.

We just got back from three nights away. Had requested mail hold from USPS on line and it was all in the system correctly...nevertheless, no mail was held. Neighbor had two packages stolen during our time away and I texted them to please pick up our mail...which they did and saved two checks which amounted to over $4k. Whew.
Filed online complaint with USPS...no doubt, will get an apology :mad:

USPS here is hit or miss. They refuse to deliver out where I live so I have to go pick my stuff up at their office. If a package arrives at their location & gets flagged as "delivered" it is almost never ready for pickup the same day they got it. Sometimes it takes a week for them to sort it. Sometimes they lose stuff too. Then there is the issue of them losing the paperwork for box renewals. They've done it to me 3 times now. Two of the times they made me pay to unlock the box and I was pissed. Last time the lady knew I had already renewed but the paperwork was lost and looked at the required ID to make a note and handed me my mail over the counter. I have not been back to get mail, but if my box is locked next time I will be even more pissed.

Had a curbside pickup from Walmart between 7 to 8. Slept through my alarm somehow. Woke up at 8:54 and called them to ask if they could hold my stuff. Apparently they hold stuff pretty much all day so its ok if you miss your pickup window.

Went in to grab some stuff they wouldn't do curbside. Got home ate half a sub sandwich and fed the kitties.

Left arm is really bugging me so I'm probably not going to get much done.

The USPS has decided to suspend all delivery services to one zip code in Washington State. Begs the question "Whatever happened to their creed?:

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

Last edited:
Oh, that went out the window a LONG time ago. In some places they won't deliver if they have to get out of their vehicles to do it. They have to be able to roll up in their vehicle open the mailbox, and put the mail in. If it takes any more effort than that you're s.o.l.

My friend messaged me that the last kitten he rescued didn't make it. :-(

The USPS has decided to suspend all delivery services to one zip code in Washington State. Begs the question "Whatever happened to their creed?:

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."
I believe that originated in a NY PO. Not a national slogan.

USPS supervisor actually called me within two hours of submitting the online complaint, and it was after 5:30 on a Friday...saying they would look in to it.
Then called today to apologize and said the carrier would be in touch.
The carrier drove over at about 5pm on a Saturday and got out and apologized and showed me how the supervisor had written my neighbor's address down and they had been holding neighbor's mail. Have yet to figure out if the 'stolen' neighbor's mail/packages are caused by hold mail.

Friend had to take his daughter to the hospital today so wasn't able to come over and help. She needs an appendectomy so he might not be available tomorrow either.

I got the PVC trim hauled down to the workshop and primed. Fingertip is numb from the spraypaint nozzle. I may need another coat as the bar code printed in black directly on to the pvc still shows through. Then I need to find where I put my paint and bring it down to the workshop and paint it on. Still need to get the L-trim as well but I ran out of space for laying stuff out and I had to duck under the boards to leave the workshop.

Fingertip is still feeling weird and annoying me. I took Mom and her dog Fippy into town. She was supposed to get her driver's license renewed and get the registration on the truck renewed but she didn't want her picture taken. Instead we went to the bank and then took Fippy to the vet for claw trimming and vaccinations. The vet was happy to see Mom as he hasn't seen her in years. Having Mom come along made it easier to manage Fippy since he will follow her. He was well behaved. Someone had a 16-month old Rhodesian ridgeback puppy who was large but very friendly. She laid down on the floor to make Fippy feel safer so he would come closer. They both wagged their tails at one another and sniffed at each other. She dragged her owner over to me to sniff me because I have cow, cat, & dog smells on me.

Fippy is down to 12lbs. He was 18.5lbs in a previous visit. Got him a plain burger from McDonalds as a treat (his usual treat for going to the vet). I was going to break it up for him and feed it to him after taking his harness off but he didn't want to wait. While I was trying to get the harness off he snatched the burger. At least his appetite is good.

Checked on friend. They have something going on on his street-- its all closed off on one end and they have PVC running from down the street in front of several driveways and to a manhole in front of his driveway pouring water out into the manhole. Friend's daughter is recovering well from her appendectomy. She was running around but still has some pain. Friend said they want her to stay out of school a few days so he has to miss work. Fortunately, he's got a very empathetic boss who will absolutely prioritize family & health over work so she'll be cool about it. Plus he got her an animatronic Grogu that she absolutely loves so he's on her good side. It was normally $80 but he got it for $15.

I tried to dremel down the repair stuff but I need a more aggressive attachment than the one I was using. I swapped them out but I'm waiting until my coordination feels better and I have more light. Maybe tomorrow morning.

Installed a LOT of artwork for a client, then two floating shelves…before going to a neighbor and changing their cracked irrigation backflow, and another neighbor where I installed a Level II Tesla charge station…busy day!

Back