What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, they used to add sugar to skim milk but they must have stopped that. I remember when I was younger looking at the sugar/carb rating of skim milk vs whole milk & they were putting in sugar. I was disappointed to find out they put corn starch in Borden chocolate milk-- although it still tastes good. I once got a big mouthful of corn starch that hadn't gotten mixed in right and it was gross though.

You can use those o2 meters that check the oxygen in each finger and see if there is any difference when you put it on different fingers. Might have to ask at a doctor's office if you don't have one yourself.

My plans for the day did not happen. Rained all day & I generally felt like garbage. Slept in (really needed the sleep). Cats woke me up in time to take my meds and feed them. I cooked for Mom, lugged a case of water in (which didn't do my shoulder any favors but mom wouldn't stop griping about being out of bottled water), and put together the new litterbox. Only one cat has figured out how to use it and then she didn't want to get out of it. Another cat fell into it (it has an opening in the top), tumbled, panicked and jumped out. Hopefully the others will figure out how to use it. One thing I didn't anticipate was my cats that are troll-minded like to ambush any cats that are in the litterbox when they try to come out. The one who fell in is very bad about stuff like that.

It's about time to take my evening meds and then wait 30min to an hour to eat.

You can use those o2 meters that check the oxygen in each finger and see if there is any difference when you put it on different fingers. Might have to ask at a doctor's office if you don't have one yourself.
That's a great idea! And we have one already. Next time I become symptomatic, I'll give the pulse oximeter a go!

Had a nice home cooked breakfast this morning and then my daughter laid this gem upon me:

"A young woman was pulled over for speeding. A Pennsylvania State Trooper walked to her car window flipping open his ticket book. The woman said "I bet you are going to try and sell me a ticket to the the Pennsylvania State Trooper's Ball." The trooper replied, "Pennsylvania State Troopers don't have balls." A moment of silence ensued. He closed his ticket book, tipped his hat, got back into his car and drove away.

Priceless!

I remember that one! My mom tried to tell that one to me a few times but always botched it. She got that from her mom. Her mom would always get the punch lines wrong or mess up the joke during telling it. My grandfather was great at telling jokes. There was one where the punchline was "Pardon me roy, is that the the cat who chewed your new shoe?" (similar to a song "Pardon me boy is that the chatanooga choo choo"). Grandma tried to tell it and said "Pardon me Roy, is that the cat that ate your boot". Another one my grandfather liked to tell had the punchline "I left my harp in Sam Clam's disco".

I was a bit more productive today. Did shoulder exercises, took my vitamins & meds, fed kitties, changed the cabin air filter in my truck, went to hang out with my friend & see the stuff I bought for his house and for his daughter, and went to Walmart. Friend's new gf is sick so we went to get her curbside order for her. I also had to get more grits bc the stupid mice got into the box and chewed open every single packet. Got containers for those. Friend likes the new anti-fatigue mats for the kitchen. His daughter LOVES the new ceiling fan because it is remote controlled-- and the lights go around the fan blades so its harder for anything to hit the blades. Got her some cushion thingies for her loft bed ladder that she really likes. Friend rode with me to Walmart and listened to the weird sounds its making. Said its between the wheels and the underside-- possibly suspension, but he's not sure. I can feel vibrations from the floor. Gonna have to get it looked at but don't trust the dealership. It wasn't doing that before I took it to the dealership. Taking it to a local place and asking them not to let the one jerk touch it.

I watched some Guy's Grocery Games and then cooked fried rice (my 2nd attempt ever). Turned out better this time. Had veggies, mushrooms, scrambled eggs all cooked in salted butter. Then cooked the rice (which was cooked and put in the fridge a few days ago) in sesame oil. Mixed it all together and I had some veggie fried rice. I had to cook some chicken and cut it up to put in the rice for Mom. She's picky. I have to cut her meat for her like she's a toddler. She can cut it herself but she whines a lot when she does. LOL.

I'm about to take a nap bc I'm tired.

Zanne (or anybody else for that matter), I need your input and this may be a plumbing issue of sorts: I've been noticing a difference in temperature between the ring and pinky fingers on my right hand as compared to the thumb, pointer and "Texas drive friendly" fingers on the same hand. The ring and pinky measure 33.1 degrees C or 91.58 degrees F and the other three fingers measure 20.3 degrees C or 68.54 degrees F.

I think I may have a valve or clogged line issue. What do you think?
I have raynaud's syndrome. Sounds like the same thing
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/raynauds-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20363571

I decided to cut off my dependence on natural gas and go all electric with heat, hot water, cooking and clothes drying. And then I woke up from that nightmare!
What’s peculiar here in NC, in many new home builds on properties with gas service, is that it’s a crapshoot as to whether the water heater will be gas or electric. But the dryer? Always electric. Always, always, always…

Except my house!

They just don’t use gas dryers here…

What’s peculiar here in NC, in many new home builds on properties with gas service, is that it’s a crapshoot as to whether the water heater will be gas or electric. But the dryer? Always electric. Always, always, always…

Except my house!

They just don’t use gas dryers here…
When I moved into my home, there was an electric dryer and I demanded that they not only finish the basement at no cost to me, but that they run a gas line to the laundry room and replace the electric dryer with a gas dryer.

I prefer total electric. My power bill is very reasonable.
When we were looking at homes around here, of course some had gas service and others did not. There were quite a few that had no gas service, BUT the range/stove/cooktop was propane. All the rest electric. I can always plug in an electric dryer if need be, and I can easily (though not likely) convert the gas water heater to electric as it's near the service panel in the garage.

Not everyone has reasonable electric bills, however. If you lived north, you might sing a different tune when it came to heating. My dad's lucky as his electric company is municipally owned. Not only are the rates cheap but the service (downed lines, power outages, etc.) is exemplary. My power here in NC is through a co-op and it's pretty reasonable and service great as well.

Latest posts

Back