What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today it rained and the meds I took made me drowsy so I slept most of the day. Feel very uncoordinated. I've decided to only take the one that makes me drowsy at night. Supposed to take it 3x per day (as needed) but I want to be able to function so nighttime will be it.

My brother is on his way home form work and messaged me to ask if I wanted anything from Walmart. I asked for a salad.

Meanwhile, I saw some sad news on the Terry Love forums. His daughter posted that he is in hospice care & only has a few weeks left to live. Cancer sucks!!!

Last post I saw from him, he was telling me how he tripped on some steps and fell and hit his head. Said he was getting iron infusions as well. I really feel for him and his family.

I went on a diet a few days ago

I cut out all cheese

The only dairy I get will be skim milk to cook my oatmeal with. Oatmeal will be sweetened with fresh fruit.

Quit eating red meat except for beef filet.

No fried food at all

One soft drink a day, which will eventually be cut out over the next month.

No candy, no deserts

I bought some smaller plates.

I quit drinking alcohol a year ago.

Now I drink water with a splash of real fruit juice for flavor. The juice will be eliminated over a few weeks.

So basically it’s chicken, fish or turkey with steamed vegetables, no butter.

Bread is limited to a sandwich, no mayo or fatting sauces.

It’s only been a few days and I feel better……

Breaking my ankle put some weight on me. All I did was eat and watch tv for a few months, other than the bare minimum work I did.

Those few months of sitting around really did me harm. If I could go back and do it again, id do it differently.

After I get about 10-20 pounds off I’m going to start an exercise program starting with 30 minutes of walking at night and adding one minute each night over 30 days.

So in 30 days I’ll be walking an hour a night once I start.

After a few months I’ll start a weight lifting program.

I cut out all cheese

The only dairy I get will be skim milk to cook my oatmeal with. Oatmeal will be sweetened with fresh fruit.

No fried food at all

No candy, no deserts

Now I drink water with a splash of real fruit juice for flavor. The juice will be eliminated over a few weeks.

Breaking my ankle put some weight on me. All I did was eat and watch tv for a few months, other than the bare minimum work I did.

Those few months of sitting around really did me harm. If I could go back and do it again, id do it differently.
Whats wrong with the splash of fruit juice? You gotta live a little, if I were to try this strict of a diet, it wouldn't be sustainable! Good luck though!

Whats wrong with the splash of fruit juice? You gotta live a little, if I were to try this strict of a diet, it wouldn't be sustainable! Good luck though!
For 5 years I didn’t eat one thing sweet or anything fried. I only ate fruit, no juice. Lean meat and steamed vegetables.

Lifted weights hard for an hour 4 days a week. Routinely accused of using steroids, nope……

I was in the best shape of my life. I need to get as close to that as I can at my age.

I’m very motivated. It won’t be a problem if I want to do it and I’m F’n ready.

I cut out all cheese

No fried food at all

No candy, no deserts

I call B.S. You will not be able to do this. Enjoy life instead! I tried what you propose but I was not strong enough to stay the course. Good luck!

Today it rained and the meds I took made me drowsy so I slept most of the day. Feel very uncoordinated. I've decided to only take the one that makes me drowsy at night. Supposed to take it 3x per day (as needed) but I want to be able to function so nighttime will be it.
It rained a little bit here too. I am also drowsy but it was because the Coca Cola that I got from Popeye's was back filled with some very fine bourbon.

Good night all!

I call B.S. You will not be able to do this. Enjoy life instead! I tried what you propose but I was not strong enough to stay the course. Good luck!
I’ve lived way stricter than what I’ve outlined for 5 years straight. Literally.

So I have no doubt I can do it. I feel better already and that really helps with motivation.

I’m kinda disgusted at how I’ve been living, time for a change. ✌️

I’ve lived way stricter than what I’ve outlined for 5 years straight. Literally.

So I have no doubt I can do it. I feel better already and that really helps with motivation.

I’m kinda disgusted at how I’ve been living, time for a change. ✌️
Excellent! You, sir, are a better man than I!

Well, I finally, after several months, was able to set a fixed glass panel for a shower. This is a "door-less" shower with a rain head from above and a window in the shower. Not liking the design of the whole thing but not my shower...I don't think a window in a shower with a rain head from above is a good idea. The other issue is that they put a small bump out which kind of prevented me from caulking the first 12" from curb, as there's only a 1.5" gap between the glass panel and the bump out. Bad design. For those with a long memory I started down this path a while ago, but decided to test the shower first. Lo and behold, the drain was plugged with concrete. The homeowner tried a concrete dissolver which was working. After dissolving a slug of about 12" of concrete in the drain and trap, they gave up. Called a real plumber and tile guy in and ripped out there brand new unused shower base and started over. Good thing they did as the the drain, after the trap, went uphill. No plumber did this, it was a clueless laborer working for a shyster contractor. But they had just 2" more of concrete for the dissolver to get to but all moot now.

Zanne (or anybody else for that matter), I need your input and this may be a plumbing issue of sorts: I've been noticing a difference in temperature between the ring and pinky fingers on my right hand as compared to the thumb, pointer and "Texas drive friendly" fingers on the same hand. The ring and pinky measure 33.1 degrees C or 91.58 degrees F and the other three fingers measure 20.3 degrees C or 68.54 degrees F.

I think I may have a valve or clogged line issue. What do you think?

Last edited:
BlueSkyHigh, it could be reduced blood flow. I'm not sure. My pinky usually feels colder than my other fingers, but maybe its bc its on the outside and maybe it might have more blood flow and feel colder than it is. Are you having any other symptoms like discomfort or tingling/numbness? If so, I'd consult a doctor on that and make sure there is no sort of blockage.

Twowaxhack, just a heads up that skim milk incorporates more sugar to make up for the lack of fat and in some cases its actually worse for you than whole milk. I would not be able to give up whole milk and cheese or dairy.

My brother did get me the salad. Then yesterday we went to Samsclub and I stopped at the Honda dealership to argue with them about charging me for oil that I provided. They tried to pull some "It's been too long for a refund" bs but it was less than a month and it's not like I was returning a part-- I was charged for my own oil and should have at least 60 days for refund. They blew me off and said to speak to the manager.

Today I called multiple times and finally got to a manager who said they would give a refund. But then they weren't going to refund the actual price of the oil-- were going to only give back $35. I pointed out what the actual price was and they said they'd refund that. I think they are still screwing me out of tax on it, but I wont' lose sleep over $3 & some pennies. Tax is 9.95% there. Then I went to tell my mother we were getting the refund. She asked me to put water in the dog's bowl in her bathroom. I saw how disgusting the toilet was and spent an hour scrubbing it.
I'll post pics in the random plumbing pics thread.

My shoulder hates me so I'm probably going to take a nap until it stops throbbing.

Zanne,

They don’t add sugar to skim milk, they simply take the fat out. ✌️

But I don’t plan to use much, just enough to make oatmeal.

My goal is not zero sugar, it’s just low sugar.

Latest posts

Back