What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cat came in and sat directly on my head and curled his tail over my nose & mouth. He's a fluffy cat so it was super annoying and woke me up.

Went to repair a leak under a home. It was vacant.

Crawled under and discovered all the piping is gone. All the wiring is gone.

It was stolen to sell for scrap.

plus the main cast iron stack is cracked vertically.

I estimated the repairs to be $8500 not including repairing the damage I’ll cause to replace the pipe in the walls.

Last edited:
Man, sounds like something that would happen around here. Good thing we had pvc and cpvc pipes bc our former tenants would have gutted our plumbing if it had been copper.

Not feeling great today. Brother woke me up in the middle of the night because he couldn't find one of the younger cats. Cat was hiding somewhere and came out. I had issues with my gums swelling up and bleeding after eating some pork chops. Using the prescription mouthwash and toothpaste plus naprosyn brought the swelling down. Felt like crap all day so I slept until almost 5pm. Had to get packages off the porch- both were heavy. Mom ordered like 50 packs of wet wipes and I was gasping for breath by the time I got the box to the bathroom. Arrhythmia was kicking up. Then I had to drag in the Toto lavatory that arrived. UPS guy knocked when I was in the room holding one of the kitties. I forgot I didn't have pants on and went to the door but he had already gotten back to his truck. Left the package on it's side.
1640918425439.png
I set it upright properly. Was too exhausted to inspect it and the lights don't work in that room. The socket that holds the bulb in the ceiling fan literally fell off (the globe was already missing bc my brother broke it). It doesn't have a proper mounting box so the ceiling fan shakes a lot.

Sinus headache right now and am making some chicken soup. Need to add some veggies to it. Right now it's just broth and chicken thighs. Might add some eggs. I think we only have frozen peas for veggies. Will have to see if there's any corn.

So yesterday, in a pouring rain, I look outside and see my sprinklers running. Stupid me for not checking the battery on the auto stop feature in my sprinkler box.

Yikes. I hope your water bill won't be too high, Havasu.

I got groceries this morning, cooked for Mom, and took a nap. Just waking up. Kinda bummed that Betty White didn't make it to her 100th birthday. My brother actually cried (he can be a big softy).

Fed the kitties. Will probably take another nap and wake up in 2022.

It was 30° last night while dark. 29° when the sun came up, and now it's around 33°. I got up this morning and washed some dishes, cleaned out expired stuff from the fridge, had a bowl of soup (made a big batch of chicken & egg drop soup yesterday evening), watched some of the news, and then crawled back in bed with my laptop under a fitted sheet as a tent. Rupert had to join me under the tent. Biscuits started humping the blanket over my leg. Sir Hammington ran directly over the top of my head and then wanted in the tent. Eventually removed the sheet and am warming my hands over the laptop. Ginger and Rupert are curled up together at my side now. Big ball of orange. I need to get up and do more cleaning but I want it to warm up first. Already took my vitamins and allergy meds this morning. First day in over a week that I haven't woken up with a sinus headache.

Hope everyone else is keeping warm.

Went to TSC ( tractor supply co.)today to pick up a 60 gal. air compressor that I bought last week. Told the guy at checkout that I was here to pick it up and he said the forklift doesn't have enough propane to load it. I said how about some husky guys and he said only him and mgr. we're there. My reply was what the hell is going on? He said corporate has limited our money, we can hire employees but only give them 10 hrs per week; nobody wants to work, so here we are. So I guess I round up my neighbors and go manually load my compressor.

It was 30° last night while dark. 29° when the sun came up, and now it's around 33°. I got up this morning and washed some dishes, cleaned out expired stuff from the fridge, had a bowl of soup (made a big batch of chicken & egg drop soup yesterday evening), watched some of the news......
Regarding the soup, we kinda did the same thing here. We recovered the bones from the ducks and geese and chickens we've eaten over the past year from the bottom of the freezer and boiled them for several hours in a pressure cooker and then cleaned out the Frigidaire for any loose greens that hadn't "gone off" too badly and dropped about six eggs into the mix as well. Made the mistake of watching news, too, because there just isn't anything positive in it other than seeing some elected New York Precinct 14 Congressperson had the intelligence to leave her city and DC for some nice time in a free state but I digress....

Everyone stay warm and enjoy your New Year!

Last edited:
I just replaced a delta 1400 cartridge that’s been in service since 1994. Not bad

The low pressure cut off activated on my unit. It’s dead on empty, out of refrigerant.
View attachment 32854
A good friend of mine is a working owner of a small HVAC business. He’s coming out to find the leak and charge it up.
Did the "leak" get found?
On our fridge, refrigerant was low and no leaks detected. But since it is in a framed cabinet space that makes replacing hard cuz it is smallish, so we went with recharge and it has been good for over two years. only a matter of time though.

Did the "leak" get found?
On our fridge, refrigerant was low and no leaks detected. But since it is in a framed cabinet space that makes replacing hard cuz it is smallish, so we went with recharge and it has been good for over two years. only a matter of time though.

Yes and ironically it was on the low pressure sensor copper tubing. We brazed it up.

It’s a defect and word on the street is the manufacturer will pay $300 if you have that issue.

I’ve heard that the cause is from the tubing vibrating and the result is you get a crack.

After I brazed it, I slid a piece of pipe insulation over it and wire strapped it to another piece of copper. This keeps it from vibrating/shaking.

I will refrain from my rant on the employers giving only 10 hours thing. LOL. One of my pet peeves. I will say that I had to turn off the news when they blamed employees getting paid overtime due to worker shortages for the drastic increases in prices. Have they checked how much the CEOs are getting paid? That's where most of the $ is going.

Got down to at least 25° last night and the pipes didn't freeze. *knock on wood*
My brother woke me up earlier saying "The cold water in the kitchen sink isn't working!" I had to remind him that it never got hooked up.

There is still some sort of leak under my kitchen sink and I have no idea where it's coming from. I can hear something dripping when water comes from one of the basins but I can't see anything or feel water coming out but there is water on the bottom of the cabinet. I can't really bend well enough to investigate thoroughly so I may have to get my friend to check it out for me. At least my rotator cuff & deltoid seem mostly healed. I still have to be a little careful, but I can now reach above my head, behind my back, and reach out for things. Not as much as I used to be able to, but better than it was.

I forced myself to stop procrastinating on litterbox cleaning. Found the kitties had been using a litterbox lid that didn't have litter in it- can't blame them. My fault for not cleaning their boxes sooner and it is technically a litterbox. They'd also spilled crap all over the bottom of the kitty condo so I had to take the whole tray out, dump it, and scrub it. I went around looking for any other spots they went in the room (like on paper bags where litter had spilled). Cleaned it all up. It was 50° but I was sweating my fat a$$ off. Swept the floor, hauled trash out, etc. Put new litter in, moved the kitty condo to a better position, etc. Temjin decided to sleep in the litterbox with fresh litter inside the kitty condo. I also put a tray under the water bowls. I still need to haul out more trash and do more cleaning in there, but I'm exhausted.

I was huffing and puffing when I finished. Mom saw me with the broom and dustpan and asked me to get her something to eat after I washed my hands. Got her the last of the chicken soup. Then after I sat and cooled down a bit I cooked her a Hungry Man meal. Not up to cooking over the stove.

Got a new pillow on clearance (it's a round pillow that is perfect for putting behind my head when I sit up to read). Tossed it on my bed and the dog immediately pounced on it and went to sleep. Then after she went to eat cat food in the kitchen one of the cats got on it. He was walking over to me, stepped on it, stopped, and decided it was perfect.

Mom gave me a snuggy type thing I got her. Sherpa lining inside- long sleeves and a hood. It didn't fit her right. Supposed to be one-size-fits-all but it was too small on her. So, I'm nice and cozy in it now as its getting colder again. Wish it had thumbhole cuffs, but I can always make some. I have some sherpa fabric that would work for it.

I'll probably take a nap soon.

I get to leave out of Dulles at 5:30 Friday morning to San Antonio to bring my mom back home. Ten foot box truck hauling her car on trailer all the way to Augusta WV. I did it once about 7 years ago. I told her not again. Wish me luck. Arkansas roads were the worst last time.

I get to leave out of Dulles at 5:30 Friday morning to San Antonio to bring my mom back home. Ten foot box truck hauling her car on trailer all the way to Augusta WV. I did it once about 7 years ago. I told her not again. Wish me luck. Arkansas roads were the worst last time.
I wish you good luck on the "flying" leg of your trip as well. Get to the airport early!

I wish you good luck on the "flying" leg of your trip as well. Get to the airport early!
Yeah, that's the most worrisome part for me. I have seen videos of rude people and I have a problem holding my tongue when people are rude. It's about respect in my eyes. Get what you give.

Yeah, that's the most worrisome part for me. I have seen videos of rude people and I have a problem holding my tongue when people are rude. It's about respect in my eyes. Get what you give.
Do yourself and the entire flight a favor and bring some Gorilla Glue duct tape and some heavy duty nylon tie wraps with you just in case. Don't get on an airplane without them!

Its best just to keep your mouth shut unless it directly involved with you. I remind myself of that daily. 🤣

Maybe I should take my own advice right now ? 🤡

Back