Quantcast

What did you do today?

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

Zanne

Reaction score
Generator blew the breaker on the switch for the power. Trees in the way so I bought a chainsaw yesterday. Kobalt 80v 18". Friend tested it on a stump in his yard & it's good.
I removed an indoor style junction box that was outside on the lean-to over the pump shed. Tin roof got blown off so it rained ilon the box. I replaced it with a weatherproof box. Had to beat the old one off with a shovel bc I couldn't find a hammer. I hooked up the wires in the new box. Joked to myself that I was practicing segregation. I noticed some holes in the shed roof over some electrical outlets so I got t-Rex tape and just patched it.
I also finally got through to a live person from my power company to tell them the location of a downed pole on the road.
Mom is sick & I'm waiting for her to wake up so I can take her to the doctor.
Hope everyone is doing ok.
Photos are of downed pole on flooded road before someone cut the pole up and the water drained.
20201010_074237_58558.jpg20201010_074237_57791.jpg

Zanne

Reaction score
Water receded, new pole has been installed & we finally got power back Wednesday evening. Woohoo!
While the power was out I scrubbed out the freezer-- figured out how to remove some shelves I couldn't get out when it was too hot. Discovered I missed a bag of blueberries in the top shelf on the door the first time I cleaned it (it was above my eyeline). I also scrubbed out the fridge again. Still need to spray out the ice maker compartment that detached. I did the cleaning while the power & water were out so some things had to wait.
I still need to transfer Mom's insulin out of the cooler & to the fridge. I need to see if any of the stuff in the cooler is any good or if it all has to be tossed. I was bummed about losing all that food but then I talked to some people who lost their homes to flooding. Their houses are still underwater & they lost everything.
Puts things in perspective. I still have a home. And one of the people was an employee at a local food place who was carrying on doing her job like nothing happened while she was homeless. It's heartbreaking.

Zanne

Reaction score
Aaaand, looks like another hurricane/storm may be coming our way. I'm not allowed to use the language here that I want to use to describe my feelings on the matter.
I saw some poor guy at the post office the other day trying to figure out where his mail has been going. His house was destroyed by the last hurricane so he bought a trailer that he's fixing up & found that the post office put a band around his mailbox & aren't delivering. He's in the process of putting in a new slab & moving a trailer to the plot so he can resume living there but post office won't deliver there until there is a trailer or some livable structure. They gave him a form to fill out but also wouldn't give him his mail over the counter. That has got to suck. People are still trying to recover & the governor said we need to prepare for yet another one.
I'm going to fill my freezer with ice this time & eat as much food as possible out of the fridge. We never fully restocked.