What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Mr David.....I think you are going to have a whomping headache tomorrow! Keep us updated on your condition!

I have been doing KiTec removal the past 4 days. 1200ft of pipe put in so far and one zone left Monday morning. Its a big one!

Glad you have a hard head Dave. I took a fall a couple weeks ago and used my head to cushion the fall and I was in pain for three days at least.

Thanks guys. I'm Okay. Bruised the back side of my right ribs.
I was kneeling on a piece of particle board.
When I shifted my 240 lbs, that board exploded and in less than a second I was on my back on the floor 8ft below from where I was.

Slammed my head pretty hard.
Went to the ER and Had a catscan.
They didn't say what they saw, They just released me

No Christmas lights got put up after that.
next morning I went to HD and bought one of those pull down attic ladders.
I didn't start to really hurt until about halfway through installing it.
I was determined to finish it.

It wasn't the ladder that caused the accident.
No really sure why I had to get that ladder installed.
I think it was my pissed off excuse not to have to hang lights and I wasn't going to let the fall win.

Kind of like getting bucked off a horse, picking your a$$ up and climbing back on. Some people might just call that being stupid.

The stupid thing was that I was careless. I knew that board wouldn't hold my fat ass and should of keep my weight on the ceiling joist.

I have a 3/4 sheet of 1/2" plywood up there now and a nice sturdy ladder for when I put all that crap away in January.

Today I put up my Xmas lights.

here's a picture of the back of my arm that hit the work bench on the way down

2016-12-06 003.jpg

fall.jpg

Ouch! I'm glad you're ok Dave. That must have hurt though.

I need to get my attic ladder put up one of these days.

My brother FINALLY got his truck in working condition yesterday because Mom finally put her foot down and said he wasn't allowed to stay out all night or go places other than work while using her car.

I got a little portable air compressor and 3 nail gun set (brad gun, nail gun, and staple gun) as an early x-mas present. It will come in handy when helping my friend fix up his house. He's got a new friend who is a carpenter and volunteered some free labor, so that will help. I also got some Fastcap blind nails to try out for a project. I have a big ass mirror for my bathroom and I want to make it in to a medicine cabinet (the mirror already has a nice frame but I want to make it more functional). I just need to figure out the best way to construct the box and reinforce it and make sure it stays secure on the wall-- and pick the right hinges and screws.

I know there really are more important things to work on, but planning stuff out makes me happy. Just like shopping for useless crap on the Liquidation Channel makes my mother happy. So much ugly junk jewelry.... Ugh. But I shouldn't complain because I want some odd stuff from the Wish website. There are some really cool aviator goggles.... LOL. They even have the One Ring for $1 (with shipping it comes to $2).

And I'm just babbling away. LOL.

Babble away girl. We sorta miss it.

Aww. Thanks. I've missed you guys.

After I posted I went outside to try to go for a walk. The chiweenie kept trying to mount the russell terrier for some reason (but while standing on his hind legs his chest doesn't even come up to her back so that didn't go well). She was not amused and quickly snapped at him. Then the shepherd pissed her off and she smacked him down. The shepherd is now our largest dog yet the chiweenie took him down. I guess the Napoleon attitude was intimidating enough for him.

I don't know if it is something in the air or if the cow was watching, but then for some odd reason my female cow started trying to mount her daughter. It felt like I was having one of those really bizarre dreams again. LOL. But my cow is pretty dumb and confused at times. The first time she saw other cows out in the field they were mating and she tried to mount the horse.

Meanwhile, I found a nice new heating pad that flexes and is easy to wrap around the body and is comfortable to put under me (other heating pads tend to lump up somehow). I had it warming my feet, but the cats ended up shoving my feet aside and are sitting on it now. I've got 6 of them in here with me now.

This thread has been quiet for too long.
tumblr_olehz0tXjM1qhfuqwo1_1280.jpg

Today I woke up really really early. That is all so far. Need to go check on a job in a few.

I woke up really early too. And so far I have not strangled my coworker

Spent over 8 hours in a meeting today. Can anyone guess how fun that was. I still have my hair beard took a beating though

I took my mother to get her bloodwork at the doctor, got some repair parts for my toilet flush valve assembly, went to a chinese buffet, and tried to herd some cats out of rooms they aren't supposed to be in. I lost. LOL.
Oh, also went to a store and pushed mother around in a wheelchair since they had no riding carts.

A couple days ago I did some work for a guy that was 98 yrs old.
His wife was 65. He was very active and mobile. SO I asked him what he did back in the day for a living. Quit a character. Said he did a lot of things.
Said he was a bootlegger. Had an airplane back in the 40's and would fly cases of whiskey back to Alabama. Said he would spend most of the money earned on women and gamblin'. Fly back here, get some more and do it again.

A couple days ago I did some work for a guy that was 98 yrs old.
His wife was 65. He was very active and mobile. SO I asked him what he did back in the day for a living. Quit a character. Said he did a lot of things.
Said he was a bootlegger. Had an airplane back in the 40's and would fly cases of whiskey back to Alabama. Said he would spend most of the money earned on women and gamblin'. Fly back here, get some more and do it again.

Hey Dave, you going to TDS this year? I will be out there in the same spot this year, hopefully from wednesday to sunday.

I'm trying to get myself to go to sleep but I have to get up early to go to a doctor's appointment to find out the results of the tests on my "plumbing". Anytime I have to wake up early, I have a hard time getting to sleep.
tumblr_olv9lzvSok1qhfuqwo1_500.jpg

Accidentally smashed the glass out of the back door on my work van. Currently awaiting repairs. Typical friday screw around. Ugh

Latest posts

Back