What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sitting in the air conditioning in our capital city, place sure is crappy.

None for me. I have 5k worth of new tires between the RV and jeep. The guy who armorall'd his and called them good lost one.

wifes wheel chair is giving my back fits, the handles make me bend over it hurts at that angle.

i looked on line and found some extensions for $50.00

so i just cut the handles off and lengthened them with some scrap pipe

price free, 30 minutes of my time, i do need to get some paint, make it look mo betta

DSCN3868.jpg

Had a Mexican buffet today. Feel like I need to lay on the floor and roll around. Hard to be productive when you feel like that.

I have to eat a little bit of every thing at a Buffet. El Torritos has a Sunday Brunch. I try to stay away from those places. Food is really good and I have no self control.

Hope the biopsies went well and that the results will be benign.

I had a cardiac stress test on Monday. Instead of putting me on the treadmill they injected me with some sort of chemicals and it was awful. I think I'd prefer the treadmill. Gave me a headache and made me nauseous. I've had headache and nausea off and on all week now. The bright side was that the staff at the hospital were all very nice to me. Nobody was dismissive or unsympathetic. One of the nurses showed me a trick-- gave me an alcohol swap and said if I sniffed it very briefly, it would help make the nausea go away. It actually worked temporarily. Other than the chemical part and having to hold my arm straight for a few hours (so I wouldn't dislodge the IV since the used the smallest needle they had), it wasn't a bad experience. I went to IHOP afterward but they were out of bacon so I got toast instead. The pancakes were better than usual-- one of my cats stole a bite when I got home (and she's a cat who normally doesn't eat people food).

Frodo, that is awesome how you extended the handles on your wife's wheelchair! I wish I was good at working with metal and not afraid of heat. I'm a complete temperature wuss.

I went to the grocery store and got almost everything on the list- except for one item that was out of stock. Swung by pizza hut to pick up something to eat and discovered that my brother lied about going to work today. He's only supposed to use my mother's car when he's going to work so he claimed he was going to work but it turns out he didn't-- he drove to another town to go down to the river and swim with friends. He left his puppy in the front room without food and water while he did it. Puppy found a bag of rubberbands and they are all over the place now. I told my mother he wasn't at work so she called him and told him to get his ass home to take care of his puppy, so he took the puppy with him and went to go back with his friends. I think they are going to walk around to catch Pokemons or something.

I'm a bit miffed that he lied-- particularly because he used going to work as an excuse to not clean up the mess his puppy made or help me get some stuff done that needs to be done. *sigh*

At least I have a chocolate chip cookie to eat. LOL.

41%2BgbHYBhUL._SX317_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I just got home from vacation to three completely yellow and dead lawns about 50 dead plants and a few dead tree's. Scratches down the side of my pickup and my living room wood floors buckled. All this while I had three different people staying at my house to prevent any of this. I am pretty bitter at the moment.

I'm wondering how the scratches got on the truck and how the floor got buckled.

Any idea which of them is responsible for that? I doubt any of them will admit to it.

Scratches in truck was father in law, he borrowed it and one of my tractors to do some work at his house and did some dump runs. He had no idea how they got there so it couldn't be his fault.

Floors probably got buckled over the weekend when the kid was in charge, he didn't stay the night and only came to feed the dogs and chicken for three days in a row. He was supposed to walk the house and yard to check for any of these things.

Today I am trying to find a place to get 1,000 feet of vinyl fencing at a good price.

Damn, did he even have permission to borrow that stuff? I bet not. What an ass! But he's family so you'd probably catch hell if you sued him.

Frodo, all of the people advocating violence toward cops because of the actions of a few bad eggs really makes me sad. Many of the cops around here suck, but I wouldn't wish harm on them, and there are some really nice ones.

The really sad thing is, a lot of the people don't even realize (or care) they are going against what Martin Luther King Jr stood for.

I hope you can find the vinyl fencing, Chris.

Today, (well, technically yesterday) I stepped on a shard of glass/ceramic from a plate that broke. I thought I got all of the pieces. Fortunately it was a very minor cut and doesn't even hurt. I put triple antibiotic cream on it once it stopped bleeding and then cleaned up the remaining shards.

Then I heard the toilet running so I took apart the flush valve assembly and cleaned it. The inside of the toilet tank is covered in some black crud and it is so dark in there that I didn't see a rubber gasket that fell, but when the fill valve kept filling, I realized something was wrong and took a look with a flashlight and saw the gasket, cleaned it, and put it back in. Now its working normally again.

Question though: Is it safe to put vinegar in the toilet tank to try to clean that crud off?

Latest posts

Back