What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I'm curious, why did you call the yardworking guy an A-hole? Did I miss something.

I can't think of the word aristocratic without thinking of The Aristocrats joke from Gilbert Gottfried. It's definitely NSFW.

Boo graciously let me sleep in this morning. He only stomped on my head once and then went to sleep on the nightstand. If he really wants to wake me up he keeps stomping on my head, meowing at me, and pulling on my hand with his paws. He followed me to the bathroom when I did get up and wanted to sit on my lap and be held. I refilled waterer and put out food. Poor kitty has been getting confused though. He'll walk into a room, look around, twitch his tail, and sit down. I liken it to when I walk into a room and forget what I was doing.

Went to Walmart with my brother- he had to use a riding cart because of his leg. It's swollen down near the ankle. He admitted the mess in his room-- all the empty bottles-- on his floor was exacerbating things when he had to walk over it. Got home and attempted to get Mom to help me contact places about requesting her 1099Rs and whatever other forms she needs to do her taxes. She was too busy watching Youtube and wouldn't pay attention and I know if I try to pressure her when she's not in the mood it won't accomplish anything. So I grabbed a 55 gallon trash bag, went into my brother's room, clearing the bottles that get in the way of his door and putting them in the bag, cleared a spot on his floor, sat down, and stuffed the bag full with bottles and trash. There's still more trash but the walking path is clear.

Waiting for Mom to decide she's ready to act like an adult and get things done.

Now I'm curious, why did you call the yardworking guy an A-hole? Did I miss something.

I can't think of the word aristocratic without thinking of The Aristocrats joke from Gilbert Gottfried. It's definitely NSFW.

Boo graciously let me sleep in this morning. He only stomped on my head once and then went to sleep on the nightstand. If he really wants to wake me up he keeps stomping on my head, meowing at me, and pulling on my hand with his paws. He followed me to the bathroom when I did get up and wanted to sit on my lap and be held. I refilled waterer and put out food. Poor kitty has been getting confused though. He'll walk into a room, look around, twitch his tail, and sit down. I liken it to when I walk into a room and forget what I was doing.

Went to Walmart with my brother- he had to use a riding cart because of his leg. It's swollen down near the ankle. He admitted the mess in his room-- all the empty bottles-- on his floor was exacerbating things when he had to walk over it. Got home and attempted to get Mom to help me contact places about requesting her 1099Rs and whatever other forms she needs to do her taxes. She was too busy watching Youtube and wouldn't pay attention and I know if I try to pressure her when she's not in the mood it won't accomplish anything. So I grabbed a 55 gallon trash bag, went into my brother's room, clearing the bottles that get in the way of his door and putting them in the bag, cleared a spot on his floor, sat down, and stuffed the bag full with bottles and trash. There's still more trash but the walking path is clear.

He was using one of those backpack blowers.

Pollen is thick and the A-hole is blowing it all over everywhere

If she doesn’t file, one of Biden’s 87,000 new armed IRS agents may come and take her off your hands.

Last edited:
Here you guys can help save the environment
BEECO GIF2U Reusable Toilet Paper Towels 24 Count Roll,Washable Absorbent No Tear Bidet Towels Cotton Cloth,Zero Waste Cleaning Supplies for Bathroom(Solid 4 Colors A)
https://a.co/d/6ydk2gH

Here you guys can help save the environment
BEECO GIF2U Reusable Toilet Paper Towels 24 Count Roll,Washable Absorbent No Tear Bidet Towels Cotton Cloth,Zero Waste Cleaning Supplies for Bathroom(Solid 4 Colors A)
https://a.co/d/6ydk2gH
Do they come with latex gloves for retrieving before flushing? By the way, I am a charter member of the “He who dies with the most toys and leaves the biggest hole in the ozone layer wins” club.

Last edited:
So, I made some progress on Mom's tax stuff. Finally got Mom to give me the info and called. Was on hold over 30min with OPM and explained that papers were lost, needed them re-sent and I was assisting my elderly mother with it. Lady from OPM verified all the info, put in an order to snail mail the forms, e-mailed info to Mom on how to login and get the forms online, and then transferred us to DFAS for the military stuff and the lady there explained how Mom can login to their site (but also put in an order to mail out the forms). Mom's sugar dropped so she's eating ice cream and I'm taking a short break before we try to call to get the info from social security (is that taxed?) and the bank account she needed info from. I think it's Mutual of Omaha or something but I could be wrong. She has the number and info there.

Still need to go get her military ID renewed and get the SSI info updated. They didn't credit all of Dad's military service or his time in National Guard so we need to show them the paperwork about his service.

I brought in some cases of water and will need to get more soon. It's actually really nice outside (despite the pollen). Not too hot, not too cold. Nice breeze in the air. I wish it would stay like this most of the year.

So, I made some progress on Mom's tax stuff. Finally got Mom to give me the info and called. Was on hold over 30min with OPM and explained that papers were lost, needed them re-sent and I was assisting my elderly mother with it. Lady from OPM verified all the info, put in an order to snail mail the forms, e-mailed info to Mom on how to login and get the forms online, and then transferred us to DFAS for the military stuff and the lady there explained how Mom can login to their site (but also put in an order to mail out the forms). Mom's sugar dropped so she's eating ice cream and I'm taking a short break before we try to call to get the info from social security (is that taxed?) and the bank account she needed info from. I think it's Mutual of Omaha or something but I could be wrong. She has the number and info there.

Still need to go get her military ID renewed and get the SSI info updated. They didn't credit all of Dad's military service or his time in National Guard so we need to show them the paperwork about his service.

I brought in some cases of water and will need to get more soon. It's actually really nice outside (despite the pollen). Not too hot, not too cold. Nice breeze in the air. I wish it would stay like this most of the year.
Ss is taxed if you bring in other income. I believe you take 1/2 of her ss, add It to any other income, if the total is more than 25k (if filing single) then a percent is taxed. But then you deduct her standard deduction, so she could end up with 0 tax.
There is online calculators that can give you a good idea .
I use this one...pretty easy to use.
https://www.dinkytown.net/java/1040-tax-calculator.html

Latest posts

Back