What brand of shovels do you guys use?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
I have been using RazorBacks for the last ten or so years and they have been the best ones yet. Just curious if any one else has a preference.

I feel the same way, I keep buying broken ones because for some reason they ndon't know how to dig for themselves.

I think the one I have currently is a RIGID shovel.

I don't mind digging.
It's doing it under a hot Sun, in a soupy mud hole, or when the ground is harder than rock..

Right now I have a Ridgid fiberglass handle flat shovel.

I have had an Ames with a fiberglass handle, and wore out two of whatever brand it was that Home Depot carried before they went to Ridgid. Those two were probably my favorite of all.

Now in a wood handle, I gotta agree with Razorback. The weight, the angle of the blade to the handle, the heavy steel that the blade is made out of, all add up to a really good shovel.

im with havasu on this one... :D

my favorite shovel to dig with personally is a cat 305 mini hoe.

So do I. But besides Hoes I still think the razorback is No. 1 in my book.

We only use Ridgid shovels. We are constantly digging here in Florida and any of the wooden handle shovels we have tried have always broken. We have had good luck with the Ridgid brand shovels so far. Even though they are a little expensive, they seem to hold up over time.

Leakfinder have you tried the Razorbacks? I have only busted a few handles and that was only when we have been abusing them like pulling up concrete or asphalt. I have never been a fan of fiberglass handled shovels but I gues to each their own.

Notched Seymour with fiberglass handle. Will cut into anything. A dream shovel!

Back