What are these fasteners on my sink water lines?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fetterfire

Reaction score
I'm attempting to install a water purification system in my apartment, and I came across the following fasteners (image attached) on two of my water lines under my sink.

I attempted to turn them with a wrench, but that seemed to just torque the line attached, and didn't seem to loosen them at all. I'm curious if I can safely remove/replace these (and how I would do it).

I'm guessing I'd have to cut them off. They seem to be made of a soft aluminum-like material. Not sure though :| Definitely don't want to cause any damage to the line itself (as I'm renting).

water line fastener.jpg

They are installed at the factory with a hydraulic press, you arent getting them off without destroying the valve. You will have to change the valve to one with 3/8" compression ends for regular lav supply lines.

Because you are renting, I can almost guarantee you that this will be prohibited by the landlord. Please check with them and get back to us.

Reactions: SHR
Those are push pull shut off valves put on to cpvc pipe you can find on utube they tell you to turn counter clockwise until they come off but do not do this to cpvc pipe
You should have a plumber change them out and then install filter

You are out of luck. As a renter you can not install an under sink filter with those crappy valves and water lines. Use a pitcher or a faucet mount filter.

Latest posts

Back