Wetroom shower proformer - does size matter.

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

miketurner201

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking to change my downstairs bathroom to a Wetroom. It's currently an enclosed shower with a wooden floor on joists. I'm going to have the wooden floor remove and a Wetroom installed with a tiled floor. Please see picture of upstairs bathroom showing large tiles on the floor and mosaic tiles in the shower area, upstairs refit used a 1500 x 800 pro former.

My question is regarding the shower tray proforma.

I would like the linear drain to be along the wall (1500 x 800cm) so prefer that one, or the other option would be a smaller square pro former with a drain under the shower head (900x900) . Please see rough drawing. The length of the bathroom is 190cm.

My question is, is it better to have a large pro former 1500 x 800 to ensure no leaks when showering as it covers a wide area or can I consider the smaller 900 x 900 with the linear drain under the shower. I know the floor will be sealed but just wondered if having a larger pro former would be the wiser choice ?

Would appreciate any help, Thank you.

Attachments

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Don't cheap out on your liner. The bigger, the better!

How are you going to accomplish your downhill (slope) taper?

miketurner201

Reaction score
Hi, yes I think it will be tapered. My plumber seemed to think get the smaller liner but I'm sure now I will aim to get the bigger one, thanks.

miketurner201

Reaction score
Thanks for the info re drop to the drain, as far as I know the Impey proformers are designed with that drop in mind, thanks.