Watering a garden.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Hopkins

Reaction score
I have a deep well system, 3/4 hp pump. I have good water pressure through out our home, even when the dish washer and taking a shower at the same time. I have 4 sprinkler's in my garden area, but can only run 1 at a time. So I have to go back and forth several times to complete my daily watering. 2 of the sprinklers are Oscillating Lawn Sprinklers the other 2 are Pattern Lawn Sprinklers, I can't even run the 2 pattern sprinklers at the same time.

Question:
Is there a way that I could hook up a extra pump of sorts just for watering the garden?

Putting pumps in series does increase It's flow and pressure. Kind of like more batteries in a series gives more volts.

What is the GPM rating of your pump compared to the amount of water you are trying to discharge?

The horsepower has no connection, that’s just your lift.

my whole property is irrigated with a well. I can run 6 40' impulse sprinklers at the same time. I have a large pressure tank on my system which helps. Your issue is probably something other than the well pump. you can add a pump inline but I would look to see why you have no pressure outside first. I am running 1" poly to the sprinklers and the sprinklers have changeable GPM nozzles.

Back