Water Well inspection camera scope the casing, and casing liner repair

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwisejr

Reaction score
Anyone in the North Georgia area ever have their well camera inspected and also have the case lined to repair a leak? If got a lot of sediment coming in from ground level or at least maybe the first 10-12 feet since it is the red clay topsoil that appear to be leaking in. The Well is new, just two years old and we've always have red sediment from the get go. Normally it's been causing my big blue sediment filter to be replaced about every 2-3 months and has caused me to purge the spin-down filters in from of it about every ~ week, give or take. But now I have to purge them multiple times per day and the big blue filter I've replaced twice in the last 3 weeks or
so.

Anyways, has anyone eve had to have some one come out and do a camera inspection of the well? What cost am I looking at? And has anyone had to have their well casing repaired with a casing liner?

Any info I would appreciate.

Thanks.

PS this is my last post. Was looking at possibly using a backflush filter to clean up the sediment for the time being.

https://www.plumbingforums.com/thre...on-for-a-backwash-type-sediment-filter.22098/

Filters are a last resort and should then only be used for what cannot be cleaned out of the well. How deep is the well? Is is cased to the bottom? If so, where is the screen? What size casing is it? Is it gravel packed? Was it cement sealed at the surface? Has the well ever been developed? Which means run wide open for hours or days to clean out the drill cuttings and settle the formation. Wells are drilled and developed differently in different areas. Camera inspection is getting cheaper and will help if there is a problem with the casing.

So, the well is ~ 440ft deep. Casing goes down to ~ 100ft. No screen and the casing is 6". No gravel packing and no cement sealing. It was sealed with bentonite but according to our regs here in Georgia, it is recommended to grout down to the bottom of the casing but the minimum requirement is 10ft. I can tell you that I saw then pouring a few bags of bentonite into the well annulus after they finished the drilling. At the time I was not aware of the requirements so I made no mention to them about it. I really dont think that they grouted it correctly. And lastly, I do not believe that it was developed.

OK. Rock wells like that don't need casing to the bottom normally. But the rocks need to be washed off. I would run the well at high volume/low pressure out in a ditch for a day or three. If the well is a good producer and doesn't pump dry you can just let it run until it clears up. If it is a low producing well you will need to run what you can, let the well recover, and do it all over again and again to clean it up. Even good producing wells sometimes need to be turned off for a while and then back on to change the level in the well and wash the higher formation. The sediment that doesn't get pumped out eventually settles in the rocks and cracks and acts like a media filter. Sometimes it takes some work to develop a well, but can eliminate many years of trouble.

Latest posts

Back